Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daith and snug

Default Daith and snug

I got these done yesterday, but I didn't really feel like making a diary then, so I guess I'll make one now. I've wanted a snug for ages and I've always loved daiths, but I thought I was unsuitable for one. I decided to ask anyway, and now I'm really glad I did.

I arrived at Holier Than Thou and Bex was really welcoming and recognised me from before, which was really nice. I asked for a snug and daith on my right ear and she took a look at my ear then said I was suitable for both, which I was pretty ecstatic about. After a short wait, it was time for my piercings to be done. Bex did the daith first, which was quite painful, but the pain faded a while after the jewellery was put in. Then, after having a minute to recover, she did the snug. That was very painful, but a lot quicker than I imagined it to be. I felt a little bit funny when I got up, but that went away very soon. I'm so happy with my new piercings and I had a great experience - I'll definitely be going back to HTT again.

Walking in the wind was very uncomfortable with my new piercings, haha. The daith hasn't really been hurting but my snug was painful for the rest of the day. It's still sore today, but not as painful as it was before. My snug didn't bleed much, but I keep finding dried blood around my daith. It's difficult to get out but I'm going to leave it a while because I don't want to irritate the piercing.

This is a picture I took on the bus home yesterday.

I eventually managed to move the bar so there was an equal amount of room on both sides, but it was very difficult.

Day 1:
    My snug is quite swollen, as I expected, but not as much as I thought it would be. I kind of expected to wake up to it being a bloody, crusty, swollen mess, but luckily it wasn't. My mum actually said that she thinks it looks less swollen today than it did last night! I found a bit of dried blood on the inside of it, but I easily managed to get it off. My snug is still sore, but it's becoming less painful, and I can't feel my daith. This is a picture I took a few minutes ago.

Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Well done Bethy! They looks awesome
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Well done Bethy! They looks awesome
    Thanks!
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

They look fabulous. Happy healing

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbone View Post
    They look fabulous. Happy healing
    Thank you.

2 of my favourite piercings. I miss my snug

rook
    conch
    daith
    lobes

Retired snug

Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by lauren1987 View Post
    2 of my favourite piercings. I miss my snug
    Thanks and aww, I hate losing piercings. :(

I had it for over a year, but just got sick of it never being settled, hurting if it was knocked, or I slept on it. Now I sleep on that ear ALL THE TIME

Hopefully yours heals much easier for you

EDIT - I just did some mental maths and I had my snug for almost 4 years! Silly me
    Last edited by lauren1987; 03-13-2015 at 01:41 AM.

rook
    conch
    daith
    lobes

Retired snug

Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by lauren1987 View Post
    I had it for over a year, but just got sick of it never being settled, hurting if it was knocked, or I slept on it. Now I sleep on that ear ALL THE TIME

Hopefully yours heals much easier for you
    I know what you mean. Sleeping wasn't great for me last night - I tried to sleep on my left, but my anti-tragus got p*ssed off at me, haha. I lost one of the balls today and could only find a long-ish spike to replace it, so I guess I'll be sleeping on my back tonight.

Thanks.

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

It'll be awesome to document the snug with pictures, if you can- I'd like to see just how much it swells. So many horror stories about snugs' and anti-tragi's swelling! Congrats I hope they heal well!
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast