Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conch piercing

Default Conch piercing

Does anyone have one? What are they like for healing? Pain? Etc

i think they look really good with a ring

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

i have mine done and found it ok. A little tender for the first wee bit but after that it was pretty plain sailing.

I've had a bcr in mine but since mine is quite central you need a BIG bcr to fit. I wouldn't advise getting pierced with a bcr... defo a bar
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda
    ^3^

Mine healed fine, no complications, barely hurt.

As above, done with a bar/labret, change to a ring once fully healed. If you like the look of a ring mention that to your piercer as it may determine placement.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

When you get it done be sure you have your piercer measure it for a ring, though pierced with a bar. I had it done with a bar to my exact specification (without measuring for a ring) and the ring required was 14mm - though when putting the ring it my piercer said that he didnt think he could have pierced it for a smaller ring anyway.

I had it pierced so the hole is not visible even when the ring is in.
    Piercings: 3x Lobe (L), Single Upper Lobe (R), Conch (R), 1.6mm Septum

To do list: Angel Bites, Tongue, Nipples, Navel, Tragus.

Possibly one of my most painful piercings, but worth it. I had a granuloma because of pressure from my neck (bad placement) but a shorter bar and steroids fixed that. Settled pretty quickly, really not much different than any other cartilage piercing
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

My single conch was a complete non-event, I just felt pressure if anything, but my double was sore. My single was so good healing, after three months it complete stopped hurting and hasn't made a peep since. Definitely get pierced with a bar though, will make the healing a lot easier.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Mine was uneventful too, it might have been the most painful experience of my life, so far (had worse since ), but lasting only 10 seconds and having no pain ever since, I don't think the pain even matters.
    Piercings: 3x Lobe (L), Single Upper Lobe (R), Conch (R), 1.6mm Septum

To do list: Angel Bites, Tongue, Nipples, Navel, Tragus.

My double conch is 4 weeks old today and has been pretty uneventful, which isn't bad as within 3 days of the piercing I came down with flu which developed into a sinus infection which is only just clearing up. It hurt during the first week and a bit, but now I only feel anything when I catch it and even then it only feels like catching a bruise.
    Current piercings

Nose - right nostril, septum (1.2)
    Left ear - 3 lobe (1.6) and tragus (1.2)
    Right ear - 1 lobe (6mm) and double inner conch (1.6) double helix (1.2) rook (1.2)
    VCH (1.6)

Retired

Upper navel x 2, Lower navel, Left nipple x 2, VCH, Right ear conch, Right ear helix, Right nostril, left lobe, right lobe

Quick question, do earbuds interfere with a fresh conch piercing while healing?

I have a just over 2 month old conch piercing and it's been no trouble so far. It did hurt though. Painful to have done, ached and felt vulnerable on and off for a fortnight. Ibruprofen works well for the pain though. Banged it hard about three weeks in, but to be honest within a few days of doing that it had settled completely, even the bump I got from banging it went down within a week. So forgiving! Compared to my rook, which is prone to bumps and still pissy even 14 months on, it's been fantastic.

Squeaky, I don't use earbuds so have no direct experience but I really wouldn't have wanted to put anything in my ears for at least the first month just because of tenderness.
    Left ear:x3 lobes
    Right ear: x3 lobes, rook and conch
    Retired: right ear helix
    Want: rook and conch in left ear

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast