Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Philtrum Piercing *,*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Philtrum Piercing *,*

So today I went in to the piercing place in the mall called CULTure, to get my bridge pierced. The piercer that I've gone to (I got my second eyebrow piercing with him as well) is only an apprentice, and he's only just started piercing since last year, so he offers no piercing fee for certain piercings. When I dropped by to set up my appointment, he felt my bridge and said it might be possible, but for the appointment day he was going to have his mentor sit in and make sure everything goes well.
    Went in today, and it happened that there isn't enough skin on my bridge to be pierced (I think I want a second opinion though..). The mentor felt the skin up, pressing on it with her finger, feeling the bone beneath. In her opinion, the skin is too shallow and would reject easily. Okay, so quick thinking, I told them that I've wanted my philtrum done (proud that I called it a philtrum and not a medusa piercing *,* ah) and my piercer wasn't pretty excited. He's only done a few in his career, as I've seen on his instagram haha.

So, my philtrum piercing. Him, being a learner, spent a lot of time figuring out placement and trying to find the perfect setup, with the mentor's approval. The first few times the little dot was off centre, so I was (and still am) a bit worried. He put on the little disinfectant, told me to lay down, and started with the receiving tube. I actually assumed that lip piercings were done with the needle outside and piercing in, so I was a bit suprised by this. He lined it all up on the inside of my lip, and I was freaking out. The receiving tube was one of the scariest parts. It's kind of pokey, and you know that there will be unimaginable pain soon after |D
    He told me to breath in, I did, and as I'm breathing out, the needle shoves into my mouth. It didn't feel like it was a completely smooth pierce, and I made some noise and tears were squeezed out of my eyes. The most painful piercing so far. It hurt even more than my nipples x.x
    The "taper" was next. I don't know what the taper did, but I guess I'm assuming that he pierced me with a smaller needle than my jewelry gauge, which seems a little odd to me. He tells me to breath in, and again, on my exhale he pushes the taper through. More pain. Finally he tells me that it's time for the labret. Breathing in, and out, and the jewelry was a lot less painful than anything.

I wiped up my tears, and immediately felt the weird object in my mouth. It just feels so much like it doesn't belong! Compared to my recent piercings, being my nipples and eyebrow, an oral piercing is completely different. Definitely something to get used to x.x
    I went out, paid, left a $5 tip, and went on my way. What an experience, seriously.

Right now, 7 hours later, it's pretty puffy and swollen. As I was driving home, it felt like someone had punched me in the lip, and even now it feels like it should be bruised. The labret seems kind of like it's on a slant?? It may just be because of how swollen it is, but the back of the jewelry is definitely rubbing on my teeth and gums. The disc even got caught on my teeth a couple hours ago D: the piercer said that I'm to come back in in two-three weeks to get a smaller post, so hopefully that will help with the rubbing.

Day 1

~
    current piercings:
    2x 14ga nipple . right eyebrow
    00ga first lobe . x4 16ga lobe
    16ga philtrum . 16ga septum
    right 18ga tragus . 14ga HCH
    12ga tongue . 12ga venus

~
    wanted piercings:

2x helix . left tragus
    conch??

Looks gorgeous.
    I know how you feel. Oral piercings are so hard to get used to. (just got my tongue pierced)
    Happy healing!
    Katii
    Left ear: Lobe 2.5mm, Industrial, anti-tragus.
    Right Ear: Lobe 2.5mm, double forward helix
    Other: Nostril, nipples x2, tongue
    Wants: Conch, auricle, surface tragus, collar MDs x4, VCH or Triangle.

Unfortunately no tattoos yet.

Looks lovely. The procedure sounds odd though! Inside to out is fine but a taper??
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Blendy View Post
    Looks gorgeous.
    I know how you feel. Oral piercings are so hard to get used to. (just got my tongue pierced)
    Happy healing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Looks lovely. The procedure sounds odd though! Inside to out is fine but a taper??
    Yeah, I did think the taper was a weird idea?? But thanks you guys c: I'm excited to see how it ends up looking when it has time to calm down

~
    current piercings:
    2x 14ga nipple . right eyebrow
    00ga first lobe . x4 16ga lobe
    16ga philtrum . 16ga septum
    right 18ga tragus . 14ga HCH
    12ga tongue . 12ga venus

~
    wanted piercings:

2x helix . left tragus
    conch??

I'm so confused about the taper? But I totally understand the pain, it was one of my most painful piercings! Really suits you though!
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

You rock that piercing! Makes me want to get one asap. Don't worry about it catching on your teeth. I had that with my labret and it was pretty annoying. It rubbed and caught on my teeth. Rubbed my gums also. Hurt like heck when I caught it, ow! Once you get it downsized things will be so much better. It's amazing what that small change can do. My labret is on a slant too because for some random reason it refused to stay centred no matter how much Carl faffed about with the thing. I suspect it's because of different thicknesses in the tissue there, for me anyway. Swelling can make things go super wonky at times too so don't fret yet. Bruising can take a few days to show really. I was far more bruised on the inside of my lip. I've heard some say philtrum piercings can swell and bruise quite a lot but it's so individual.

Keep us updated.

Maybe it was an insertion pin rather than a taper, or they used a cannula needle but that leaves the sheath in there.

I'm so curious lol!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Maybe it was an insertion pin rather than a taper, or they used a cannula needle but that leaves the sheath in there.

I'm so curious lol!
    Ah yeah that would make more sense! Just seems like an unnecessary extra step lol.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Aye, anyway it looks lovely, I wish I could have liked mine on me more!

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Congrats, Kayla! Please keep us updated because I'm seriously considering a philtrum too!
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast