Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Philtrum Piercing *,*

He didn't show me the equipment beforehand, which maybe I'll ask him to next time, but he was trying to prepare me for the pain and was telling me to breath each time he was
    inserting something, so I'm pretty sure he called it a taper. Again, who knows haha at least it's finally done.

So it's been a few days, and my lip is still pretty puffed up. Last night I went to the pool with my friends, and the swelling went down a lot, but by the next morning, it was back to looking puffy. On the inside, the disc is also embedded into my lip, so I'm very much looking forward to being able to downsize ^^

Day 5

~
    current piercings:
    2x 14ga nipple . right eyebrow
    00ga first lobe . x4 16ga lobe
    16ga philtrum . 16ga septum
    right 18ga tragus . 14ga HCH
    12ga tongue . 12ga venus

~
    wanted piercings:

2x helix . left tragus
    conch??

UPDATE**
    it's been more than a week (9 days), and swelling has officially decreased c:

I haven't been doing sea salt soaks, mostly because I'm not sure how to go about them with my philtrum? Any tips?
    Though I have sea salt and water pre mixed in a water bottle, and I'm rinsing the piercing with it, as well as rubbing some pure lavender oil on it. It's healing great.

I also found out what the taper was! I had been to Culture just a few days ago with my friend who was getting a smaller piece of jewellery for her vertical labret piercing, and we had the mentor piercer doing it. She used a taper style "needle" to insert the jewelery, as the jewellery they use there is the kind that has one of the balls with a pin coming out of it, I'm assuming because the gauge is so small, in comparison to internally threaded jewellery?? But she had the taper attached to the end of the jewellery, and just slid it in, putting the ball on afterwards.
    So there's that c: any input would be cool.

~
    current piercings:
    2x 14ga nipple . right eyebrow
    00ga first lobe . x4 16ga lobe
    16ga philtrum . 16ga septum
    right 18ga tragus . 14ga HCH
    12ga tongue . 12ga venus

~
    wanted piercings:

2x helix . left tragus
    conch??

Aren't pure oils such as lavender and tea tree too harsh to be used on fresh piercings? That said, way back when I was given some lavender oil for my standard navel piercing and never really experienced any issues, so maybe I'm wrong? I don't know.

As for soaking it, have you tried using a shot glass? If you could pout your lips (don't know if that would be too sore?), it would create a seal so you shouldn't spill anything. then rinse off with clean water.

Happy healing! =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith