Thread: Microdermal Problems

Default Microdermal Problems

I've had three wrist microdermals for about 4 months now and everything's been fine with them and they've healed really well. For the last couple of weeks though I've had constant redness around the highest of the dermals and it's driving me crazy. There's no swelling or pain and only a tiny bit of lymphing a couple of weeks ago. Whatever I try though the redness just won't go away and I think there might also be a tiny bump under the gem as the post has gone ever so slightly crooked.

I've already tried chamomile compresses and vitamin E oil but these don't seem to be helping. Can anyone advise of anything else I should try. If would help I can try adding a picture but apart from the skin being red there's nothing really to see
    Current Piercings
    3 x Lobes (L&R)
    Inner Conch (L)
    Outer Conch (L)
    2 x Helix (R)
    Rook (R)
    Nostril

Tattoos
    Celtic cross, roses and wings back piece
    Dot work mandala, skull and roses half sleeve
    Koi carp and skull half sleeve
    Flowers and hummingbird on right forearm
    Butterfly lower back
    Gecko left wrist

Hot dry compress and then squeeze around the area. I've had this same problem with mine and it usually resulted in a lot of lymph/sebum coming out and them settling down.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks Hazel. I've doing hot compresses using a chamomile teabag, is this ok or should I be doing something different?
    Current Piercings
    3 x Lobes (L&R)
    Inner Conch (L)
    Outer Conch (L)
    2 x Helix (R)
    Rook (R)
    Nostril

Tattoos
    Butterfly lower back
    Gecko left wrist

Yeah as long as it's not being soaked as such.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I always used a homemade hot compress on mine. I got some uncooked rice and put it in a clean sock and heated it in the microwave. I found they work better for me than chamomile teabags.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    I always used a homemade hot compress on mine. I got some uncooked rice and put it in a clean sock and heated it in the microwave. I found they work better for me than chamomile teabags.
    Good idea! I use a lavender pillow thing that you put in the microwave

Thanks for the advice, I have a lavender cushion I could heat up, nothing seems to be helping atm so anything's worth a try. I'm sick of people asking if it's infected when it's just a bit red!!
    Current Piercings
    3 x Lobes (L&R)
    Inner Conch (L)
    Outer Conch (L)
    2 x Helix (R)
    Rook (R)
    Nostril

Tattoos