Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Labret and Nostril done

They look fantastic, well done for doing it despite your fears! Hope they heal up nicely for you
    Left ear:x3 lobes
    Right ear: x3 lobes, rook and conch
    Retired: right ear helix
    Want: rook and conch in left ear

Ty Chase

Update: The swelling and bruising has started to reduce and the centre of my lip is softer. It's reduced enough that I'm not catching it nearly as much while talking or eating and is generally not so irritating or sharp feeling. Eating is much more comfortable which is good because that hurt like a bitch! Saying that, I also learnt that pushing my top jaw forward to "catch" food off the fork increased chances of pulling the piercing so I stopped that. Maybe I eat more like a lady now with my small, slow bites? xD Long conversations are a bit weird and so is lots of smiling. It gets jammed sometimes and feels rather odd when this happens. It's like I have a stick jammed between my gum and lip. It's beginning to itch as well, same as the nose piercing. It's that annoying "I'm beginning to heal" itch and I have to remember not to scratch or rub the area. I end up sitting there pulling strange faces trying to soothe it and look like a prat.

The labret gets crusty during the day. I think this is because it's simply moving around a lot because of the facial motion. When I wake in the morning there's no crusties and it's not as red and angry looking but this changes as the day goes on. I find it amazing these things heal as it's such a mobile area and the jewellery is constantly moving backwards and forwards. I had a problem with my lips suddenly going very dry and peeling terribly. It looked pretty gross, I have to say. Unable to deal with this and knowing my lips would start to crack and bleed, I put on a natural lip balm and that seems to have settled things down. It seems to sting less now but it doesn't like the cold, the labret aches when it's exposed to it. My nose is OK though, strange.

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

It's awesome to hear that your nose is A-OK, because mine was an absolute nightmare the first few days!
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Really Midnight? What issues did you have? The hardest thing for me is not to knock it. It's still red around it and being pale that's really noticeable but so far it's been no problem. My lip has been far more annoying but I expected that.

It remained very painful for the first few days, to the point where I wanted to plain ol' yank it right out, and later there was a dull pain for at least a week with every tiny movement of my nose, yawning, coughing etc. (I had no idea noses even moved that much during the day, haha!) The skin around it was inexplicably oily, too. Thankfully someone online said that pinching the bridge of your nose helps with that pain so I did that, but it was such a pain in the butt to have to do that every time.

After that one week the pain conveniently disappeared like someone had pressed a button, but, TBH, I still consider my nostril piercing the most annoying piercing experience I've had so far
    Last edited by MidnightDreamer22; 02-14-2015 at 02:28 PM.
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

Tattoos

Tumblr // Instagram

Midnight, I'm glad that didn't happen with mine though I would have toughed it out. It's strange how our bodies can react!

Update: I had the piercing trimmed down to size today. I'm now almost entirely unaware of it which is good because I was beginning to play with the jewellery a bit. Apparently I like the sensation of sucking on the back of it, weird eh lol. It was a tad sore while being changed but it couldn't be called painful. It's not painful at all anymore even when I catch it. It is healing well and is just very comfortable. It got a little dry at one point, both piercings, so I used some emu oil and it seemed to like that. I think it's because my heating as cranked up.

My only concern is that, to me, it seems a little off centre. I checked with Carl (the wonderful piercer) and he said it seems centred to him. He looked at it close up and from across the room and counter. I don't know if it's me being obsessive over it or what. My mum also thinks it's slightly off centre. If it is, it's only a small amount. I am torn because it's healing well and in many ways I don't want to remove it because of this. Sometimes it looks OK, especially with lipstick on. I do have some pigment issues with my mouth which doesn't help. I also realise now that some piercers will centre things differently, some lined with the philtrum, some the mouth as a whole, the face etc. I will keep this in mind for any future piercings. I admit that I'm a perfectionist but I do not have a symmetrical face, at all.

Ah, decisions.

You shouldn't worry too much about it being off center. The nostril isn't exactly a flat surface so centering it can be a bit difficult. And it can also make it look off center whether it is or not.
    My nostril piercings feels too far forward but when I look at it it looks perfectly fine. Once it settles completely you probably won't even notice.

Both piercings look wonderful on you though.
    Happy healing!
    Katii
    Left ear: Lobe 2.5mm, Industrial, anti-tragus.
    Right Ear: Lobe 2.5mm, double forward helix
    Other: Nostril, nipples x2, tongue
    Wants: Conch, auricle, surface tragus, collar MDs x4, VCH or Triangle.

Unfortunately no tattoos yet.

@Blendy: I think she's refering to her labret as being off-center since she mentions "it looks OK with lipstick on"

@Sira: I am also convinced that my navel is slightly off center too, but everyone else says it isn't. We probably see ourselves more "critically", if that makes sense? (God, my English has been so terrible lately)
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings

Tattoos

Tumblr // Instagram

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure. But it looks fine to me. Her lips just probably aren't the same thickness on both sides.
    Katii
    Left ear: Lobe 2.5mm, Industrial, anti-tragus.
    Right Ear: Lobe 2.5mm, double forward helix
    Other: Nostril, nipples x2, tongue
    Wants: Conch, auricle, surface tragus, collar MDs x4, VCH or Triangle.

Unfortunately no tattoos yet.

I'm sorry, that was my bad, it wasn't clear at all. I'm most definitely talking about my labret. My nostril is fine! It's funny you should say about lip thickness, Blendy. Carl had to pierce me slightly off centre at the back of my lip because for some reason it just weren't sitting straight. It was all a bit odd so Carl had to work around that. There's probably some conformation thing going on.

Midnight, we definitely do see ourselves more critically but that's so easy to do when we're peering at ourselves 2cm away from a mirror and inspecting ourselves like we're some fascinating laboratory specimen. Really, people don't look at us like we look at ourselves.

Having looked at a bunch of photos it actually looks OK, really. It is not worth repiercing to move it a mere millimeter, if that. It seems shadows influence how it can look, so I have a weird face, folks. That is what it's down to. There's a life lesson in here somewhere Having dropped a line through some of the photos you can see nothing quite lines up. Carl done a good job, he selected a position that works overall, including when I move my mouth. Ignore the pink smudges around the lips, it's not lipstick, my skin is breaking out because it knows I have three social engagements this week. Yay.

I have to say I absolutely adore this piercing, even more since having a snugger fitting jewellery. I saw a girl wearing a ring today and it reminded me of the fact I can wear one at the end of May, all going well. So exciting!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast