Page 98 of 113 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community

Hi, I've heard that daith piercings can help with migraines/headaches. Is this fact or fiction? And does anyone have personal experience with it? Also what is the pain level of this piercing? Thank you.

It's fiction. Some people say they get less migraine attacks. Some say it doesn't make a difference and others say the experience more attacks after a daith piercing. I don't have any personal experience with this piercing. I also don't know about the pain but know that everyone experiences pain differently. What hurts for someone else might be fine for you.
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

Quote Originally Posted by n00blet View Post
    Hi, I've heard that daith piercings can help with migraines/headaches. Is this fact or fiction? And does anyone have personal experience with it? Also what is the pain level of this piercing? Thank you.
    Complete and utter fiction. Watch out for charlatan piercers who claim it helps.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by n00blet View Post
    I heard its a conch piercing? My doctor even suggested that if the medication does not help to maybe look into that as she has had clients who got a conch and it helped?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryry View Post
    I heard its a conch piercing? My doctor even suggested that if the medication does not help to maybe look into that as she has had clients who got a conch and it helped?
    Never heard a conch piercing being associated with it but seen numerous amounts of BS stating daiths helping. Of course there may be a placebo effect for some which is great. However, any decent medical professional (including acupuncturists and accupressurists - as this is where this crap came from) and piercers will never suggest it as treatment. It's simply unethical and in some cases illegal to do so.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi, its been a while since I've been here, and I've had a pretty rough year so far :(

I had gotten to a point where my triple forward helix (particularly the top piercing) had not acted up for a while. The bottom 2 were done late Jan 2016 and the top july 2016- though I can still not sleep on this ear (or infact on my other ear with and almost 2 year old forward helix) without it hurting/causing issues) It now seems to have developed a small bump at the front making it look like its at a funny angle :( Its now the middle/lower as today its been driving me mad itching (and ive been very good at leaving it) so I did a SSS then had a shower to run it under the water. I caught my hair a little on the earring (i have waist length hair so hard to control it) and now its bleeding and actually at one point running down my ear. I tried to clean it up with a cotton bud.

There is no swelling (as yet) and its not really hurting, other than a little stingy/burning after the shower. Should I be worried? I have put a pic up of after I have tried to clean it. There looks plenty of space for now.

I'm seriously getting close to taking them out (if only I could do it myself!)but cant get to a piercer tomorrow as I'm at a conference with work from 9-8:( I have already had to retire the tragus in this ear

Suppose Im after a bit of reassurance really Thanks

http://i.imgur.com/WpAqMoe.jpg

Bit hard to tell what's going on with a photo so small tbh.

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

I read that you should take an ear bud and clean the area around/underneath your tongue piercing. Should I be doing this? Or can I just leave it and continue as I am with mouth wash & spray?
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~
    Koi fish half sleeve on left arm and hand.
    Dragon eye on right hand.
    Sphynx cat on chest.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland View Post
    I read that you should take an ear bud and clean the area around/underneath your tongue piercing. Should I be doing this? Or can I just leave it and continue as I am with mouth wash & spray?
    Mouth wash is fine. You don't want to overclean it and the mouthwash should come everywhere it needs to if you swish it around in your mouth.
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Mouth wash is fine. You don't want to overclean it and the mouthwash should come everywhere it needs to if you swish it around in your mouth.
    Good to know, thanks Patrick
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~
    Koi fish half sleeve on left arm and hand.
    Dragon eye on right hand.
    Sphynx cat on chest.