Page 91 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community

Hi,
    I just stretched my tongue to 2.5mm from 2mm and to be honest it was quite uncomfortable however, with a little it went in. Afterwards there was a bit of soreness, no swelling and I notices that there was some lymph coming out. I was wondering if this is a normal experience of stretching a tongue piercing or have I done something wrong? Just to be on the safe side it is best to know. I can't remember if at the 1.6mm to 2mm stretch this happened because I didn't look at it but, the next day the soreness was gone.

One more thing, a few days ago I retired my industrial because the nasty bumps still persisted and I think it was really caused by the angle of the bar causing pressure on the ear. I would like to get a helix however, I have already been pierced twice in that area. Will the third time be possible or would there be too much scar tissue no matter long i wait?

Tongue: Totally normal.
    Ear: Get someone to have a look/feel.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hello! I'm new to this forum and I'm not quite sure where I should be asking this question. I'm sorry if this isn't where I should be asking, but about a month ago I got my rook piercing. The piercing now has a reddish to pinkish bump on it and the rest of my ear is a little red and looks wrinkly. There is a little bit of blood that comes out of the piercing when I clean it but that's it. There is no pus. If anyone could please let me know if this sounds like it's healing normally or something is wrong with it I would greatly appreciate it! I've been stressing about this piercing all month.

Totally normal.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi everyone! I'm new here so hopefully this is the right place to ask for help/guidance for my regular earlobe piercings! A little backstory...

In July of 2015 I got my ears pierced for the first time at Claire's. At the time I didn't really know any better. They suggested long posts and those piercings healed fine. A year later in July of 2016 I got my second holes done at Claire's again. By this time I had done research and realized guns were not the best way to go but I don't know of any reputable piercing places in my area so I did it anyway. This time they didn't seem to think I needed the long posts so I went with regular ones since they came in more options. Stupid again, I know. The ones I got were surgical steel. So I cleaned them with the stuff they give you just like I did my first holes but by the time the 6 weeks was up they weren't healed so I left them in longer and kept cleaning them. All through this time they would get crusty and goopy and kind of smelly like a belly button. After probably another month or two I ended up switching earrings even though they still didn't seem completely healed. The new earrings were 10k gold. After having the earrings in for a while they were still get crusty and gross but I would clean them every other day by actually taking them out because the posts weren't long enough to get between the earring and my ear. More time went by and I realized I need an earring with a longer post so that I could clean them without taking them out. While looking for some I came across some cool spiral earrings that go through both of my holes. They are gold plated sterling silver 925 which after research discovered wasn't the best. But I ended up getting these for chrismas and when I go to put them in I realize they are thicker than a regular earring. I tried to exchange them for smaller ones but I was told that they we're 20 gauge and that is the normal size. So idk what happened but I decided to put them in anyway and do my research to try to get the holes to heal finally. It wasn't too bad getting them through my old holes but my new ones were pretty painful. All four holes actually bled a little bit. After that it hurt to touch them at all for about a week and has slowly gotten much better. They still crust up but I am able to clean it and it seems healthier than before. It is not bloody and just a faint yellowish color. Since then I did salt soaks twice a day until I bought some Provon soap. I use warm water, sea salt, and a ratio of 1/4 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water. Then I started doing salt soaks once a day and the Provon wash twice. Just recently I have cut back to salt soaks every few days and provon still twice a day. A few weeks ago my left earring got caught on my shirt and bent the earring and hurt my that ear a bit. I was able to fix it but it has since developed a small bubble next to it. I would add a picture of my earring in case ya'll haven't seen one before but I can't figure out how. Sorry for droning on!

Basically I'm just wondering if I am doing what I should to heal my ears completely? Is it okay that I cut down on the salt water soaks? Should I be doing anything else? How long should it take to where I can leave it alone? I figure any advice from informed people is helpful!

I'm not surprised you are having trouble

Stop using the Provon and I'd stop with the soaks too. Just clean with plain water once a day in the shower.

You're going to need to get some decent jewellery in as well - gold plated is not good and unless your ear was pierced with that spiral in mind you are putting continual pressure on unhealed piercings You've also effectively stretched up a size too The parts in your ear have probably already lost their plating.

Order yourself some implant quality titanium barbells online - they are not expensive; I'd probably stick with the 20 gauge now. Once you have those in hopefully healing will be rapid but leave them alone for a couple of months before you consider changing them. Once they are properly healed you may get away with the spirals for occasional use
    Caro

You need titanium jewellery in there to get them to heal properly. Be patient and they should heal eventually, but only start off with studs for a couple of months before dangling ones, after they've healed.

@abigail - Go see a piercer, they'll be able to assess your gunned piercings and fit you with appropriate jewellery.

Please don't go to Claire's any more despite knowing the dangers. They modify children and babies who cannot consent to modification which should be illegal, don't support them, please. Thank you.

Hey guys,
    I just got a nose piercing two days ago, so far there's no pain, bumps or discomfort BUT I'm getting a lot of crusties (I use seasalt to clean them twice a day). I know they're a sign that the body is healing, but my stud is a bit big so in order to fully remove the crusties I have to pull the stud out a little everytime I clean, my question is, would that slow down the healing process/irritate the piercing/lead to infection? If yes, any advice on how to clean under a big stud without having to pull it out? Should I replace it with a smaller one?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ab_MK View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have to pull the stud out a little everytime I clean
    just to clarify, I don't fully remove the stud, I pull it out just enough so I can reach the area under it then push it back in.