Page 7 of 113 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community

Does anyoneknow if collarbones (sternal or acromial end) are a viable spot for MDs or surface bars? Which would be better? Just curious as it's quite a high movement area and I'm thinking that bra/vest straps might catch, so I was wondering if it was possible or if it's just asking for rejection. (I'd really like some MDs, but for the life of me, I can't decide on a placement)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

dpack_1

I've had some collar dermals for about 6 years now, but have had to redo them a few times.

I've done some for others (both surface and dermals) that lasted well and others that rejected after just a few months.

It's really a luck of the draw kinda thing on how well they will heal for you, along with clothing choice and lifestyle etc.

What about navel MDs?
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post
    I've had some collar dermals for about 6 years now, but have had to redo them a few times.

I've done some for others (both surface and dermals) that lasted well and others that rejected after just a few months.

It's really a luck of the draw kinda thing on how well they will heal for you, along with clothing choice and lifestyle etc.
    That's great, thanks. Sounds like it's a bit 'you won't know until you try it'. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a completely lost cause of a placement.

Guess I'll be seeing you over some for some MDs then!
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post

Oh my gosh Thank you. This is really helpful for me as well as I'm planning on getting these in about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Blendy View Post
    Oh my gosh Thank you. This is really helpful for me as well as I'm planning on getting these in about a week.
    Oooh, would you keep a diary? I'm considering doing this over summer, so it'd be great to know how you got on. =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Of course I will. I'm not the most wordy person but I'll at least try to put in all of the useful stuff. C:
    Katii
    Left ear: Lobe 2.5mm, Industrial, anti-tragus.
    Right Ear: Lobe 2.5mm, double forward helix
    Other: Nostril, nipples x2, tongue
    Wants: Conch, auricle, surface tragus, collar MDs x4, VCH or Triangle.

Unfortunately no tattoos yet.

dpack_1

Quote Originally Posted by Thehorror View Post
    What about navel MDs?
    Depends on anatomy and lifestyle, if you're very active then it wont last 5 mins with all the twisting and stuff a person's midsection does. If you're like me and think a gym is someone's name misspelled then you'll have a better chance of healing it.

Again it's a case of you wont know til you try.

Hmmm... Well I won't be working out for a few months anyways... Lots of walking but that's not a whole lot of modsection stress... Once it's healed would it survive the occasional workout?
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Hiya, I was hoping to get some advice about my industrial piercing. I got it done 6 months ago, and while my bottom piercing seems to be doing rather well, the top piercing has had a persisting bump for most of the piercing's life. It mostly protrudes from the top, but it extends slightly on the bottom of the hole as well. Initially, I think it was worsened by the bar I got pierced with, as it was rather short. I replaced it with a longer bar (probably a little too long now, but I'd rather it have it be able to breathe a little), and while it helped with some of the irritation, the bump still remains. I read the Guide to Piercing Bumps thread, it seems to be hypertrophic scarring. I've just ordered some sea salt and I'm planning on starting to do some soaks. How often should I soak it? Also, just to be clear - is this something that can actually heal (i.e. will the bump ever go away?), or should I cut my losses and take the piercing out?

Here are a couple pictures:
    i.imgur. com/knVMt2z. jpg
    i.imgur. com/ZUCEV1w. jpg