Page 78 of 113 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community

Quote Originally Posted by e_nava View Post
    Hi again
    ive got a bit of an issue with 2 lobe piercings. So next to my first lobe piercing on my left ear (the one you would get as a baby) I got 2 more lobe piercings (so I got my 2nd and 3rd lobes) and I got it done 5 months ago with a gun. I know I shouldn't have gotten them with a gun but I didn't think it would cause any problems on the lobe and it was cheaper etc. but anyhow, after 6 weeks I thought those piercings had healed so I changed the earring to small gold plated stud earring. I was wrong and it definitely had not healed. Every now and then those piercings have red crusts around them from dried up blood and sometimes little yellow puss comes out. I have been cleaning them everyday with SSS and recently tried tea tree oil. I don't think it's working and I don't even know if I should change the earrings. I'm so sick and tired of them not healing and I'm getting quite impatient having it been 5 months. Please help.
    Thank you, love you lots
    Go see a good piercer who can fit you with high-quality jewellery.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Is there somewhere I can buy jewelry in bulk? I want new bars for all my ear holes but at $5 a pop it adds up. Would be nice if I could just order a bunch for cheaper
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Thehorror View Post
    Is there somewhere I can buy jewelry in bulk? I want new bars for all my ear holes but at $5 a pop it adds up. Would be nice if I could just order a bunch for cheaper
    If you don't care about quality and just want crap then there's Crazy Factory (made in Thailand and shipped from Germany). Or you can just replace gradually with something better which won't have the potential of having rubbish threading and irritating your piercings etc.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

OK, so last week I got an indrustial piercing. It's al gone wrong... the piercing was too low and pressed on my ear.

So I went back to the shop and she said that she had to curve it. I found it really strange.. I've never seen a curved industrial before..

I wasn't happy about it and asked the piercer about what to do when I want to change it when it's healed. she said I had to curve all my piercings. I was really pissed about this and went to another shop.

She said it was really bad placed and took it out. She placed a short one in the upper hole.

In about 3 weeks I have to return to the shop and she will make antoher hole at where the black line is. And then put the industrial back in.

I'm not sure if it's possible, because the upper piercing is in a slightly different angle. What do you guys think? It's still healing, so maybe the angle isn't an issue? Also the new hole will be placed not much higher from the old hole. But I really want your opinion about this..

Quote Originally Posted by brixtonbruxelles View Post
    Hi Moke,
    Your doc put you on 3 courses of antibiotics? Did the doc take a swab of your wound and send it for microscopy, culture and sensitivity? Were they the same antibiotics every time?
    Hello! She did - it came back with very scant Staph, went back on antibiotics (flucloxacillin, I think) which have made no difference to how it was before I went on them.

I'm fairly sure my piercing isn't infected - since a few months back (and before my last lot of antibiotics) I'm no longer getting any puss, my piercing isn't painful, red or swollen or hot to touch etc.

I went to a proper piercer to get it looked at - he confirmed it doesn't look infected. He said it all looks fine - there's quite a lot of lymph but other than that it looks clean and healthy. He said my stud isn't too tight and that it's unlikely to be the stud itself causing the issues as my left lobe (same stud/metal) is now 100% fine. For these reasons he suggested not changing the jewellery over and giving it a while longer.

My current 'symptoms' are that my piercing is sensitive (bordering on sore but not hugely so) when I move the jewellery or clean close to it. It just doesn't feel 'healed'. It sounds wet when you move it, too - if that makes sense? It's now been five months!

I've been SSS for a few minutes per day, then rinsing off in the shower and drying gently with a hairdryer. I've had a few days in the past week where I have tried without the SSS and just cleaned it under warm water in the shower. This doesn't seem to have made any difference so I don't really know where to go from here :-/

I'm at a point where I'm tempted to give up but I've come so far it would seem a waste!

Hi everyone was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for piercers in the Oxfordshire area

My piercer gave me long bars that constantly slide forward and back and now there's a small bump on both. They look pink and my piercer said to pop it with a needle but that didn't sound right so I wanted someone with more experience to help me. Both are officially 6 weeks old now, the conch bump is slightly bigger. I use salt&chamomile soaks every day 2x, so I thought it must be something else that caused it since I clean it good and rarely have crusty gunk. They're 14gauge titanium. I read the guide post on bumps and maybe it's hypertonic scarring. I didn't think I was allowed to show a picture though ...
    Can anyone please help me? I ordered new titanium labrets (btw I already am wearing labrets) that are slightly shorter but I don't know if it's safe to change them with bumps, and I'm kinda freaked cuz these (helix&conch) are my first piercings besides earlobes.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyf26 View Post
    Hi everyone was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for piercers in the Oxfordshire area
    Have you looked on the recommended piercers thread? If there's not one in your area it may be best to either travel or post portfolios here of piercers you seem interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBright View Post
    My piercer gave me long bars that constantly slide forward and back and now there's a small bump on both. They look pink and my piercer said to pop it with a needle but that didn't sound right so I wanted someone with more experience to help me. Both are officially 6 weeks old now, the conch bump is slightly bigger. I use salt&chamomile soaks every day 2x, so I thought it must be something else that caused it since I clean it good and rarely have crusty gunk. They're 14gauge titanium. I read the guide post on bumps and maybe it's hypertonic scarring. I didn't think I was allowed to show a picture though ...
    Can anyone please help me? I ordered new titanium labrets (btw I already am wearing labrets) that are slightly shorter but I don't know if it's safe to change them with bumps, and I'm kinda freaked cuz these (helix&conch) are my first piercings besides earlobes.
    Thank you!
    You can upload a photo to an image hosting site and post the link here missing the www.http:// off the beginning.

Bumps on ear cartilage piercings are extremely common and yes, it's likely to be hypertrophic scarring, so you can do soaks and see if it helps or just leave them alone and let your body get rid of them over time.

Thank you for the quick reply! This is a pic I took yesterday, but today the top piercing's bump got bigger.
    i18.photobucket.com/albums/b135/girl_boo/13620810_10207739846349068_7983091267619009654_n.j pg

Quote Originally Posted by NotBright View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply! This is a pic I took yesterday, but today the top piercing's bump got bigger.
    i18.photobucket.com/albums/b135/girl_boo/13620810_10207739846349068_7983091267619009654_n.j pg

I can't really see much with that photo as it's so small. They seem like they are both angled downwards or something and the balls are quite large. 6 weeks is very early days for cartilage piercings, they can take up to 9-12 months to heal fully.

If you think they need shorter bars, go see a good, professional piercer who can downsize for you with sterile jewellery.