Page 77 of 113 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community

Hi - I had an Industrial Piercing two weeks ago. It didn't bleed and there has been no discharge. The holes are fine, but the middle of my ear has now swollen and the bar is embedded in my ear. I have been taking ibuprofen, but so far no joy. I had been doing SSS dabbing, but now am doing soaks instead. I don't know if the piercer did it too close to my ear and that's why it's swollen, or if it's just swollen. I went back to ask his advice & he said I can take it out or hope for the best, but he's the expert, so I wanted his advice, but he didn't seem to care. I asked if he could put new jewellry in, just to keep the holes healing and not closed up and he said yes at first, but then changed his mind, told me to take it out and heal, then he will repierce. But I can't afford to have it redone. It doesn't really hurt a day the bar moves with ease and little pain. I asked the guy,in his experience, will the swelling goes down and correct the itself, he said maybe and may be not. What do I do? Sorry for putting this on someone else's thread, I wasn't allowed to start a new thread, being a newbie. I'd go and see another piercer for advice, but after this experience, I don't know a reputable piercer who will actually help. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thank you xx Kimber xx

Quote Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
    Hi - I had an Industrial Piercing two weeks ago. It didn't bleed and there has been no discharge. The holes are fine, but the middle of my ear has now swollen and the bar is embedded in my ear. I have been taking ibuprofen, but so far no joy. I had been doing SSS dabbing, but now am doing soaks instead. I don't know if the piercer did it too close to my ear and that's why it's swollen, or if it's just swollen. I went back to ask his advice & he said I can take it out or hope for the best, but he's the expert, so I wanted his advice, but he didn't seem to care. I asked if he could put new jewellry in, just to keep the holes healing and not closed up and he said yes at first, but then changed his mind, told me to take it out and heal, then he will repierce. But I can't afford to have it redone. It doesn't really hurt a day the bar moves with ease and little pain. I asked the guy,in his experience, will the swelling goes down and correct the itself, he said maybe and may be not. What do I do? Sorry for putting this on someone else's thread, I wasn't allowed to start a new thread, being a newbie. I'd go and see another piercer for advice, but after this experience, I don't know a reputable piercer who will actually help. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thank you xx Kimber xx
    i am clearly no expert but personally I would go back to him and ask him to put 2 bars in the holes and let it settle. Even the guy who did mine was happy to do that for me.

You can then let them heal for a few weeks (at least 6) before trying another bar? I had mine done with a bioflex bar which is bendy rather than a metal one, so that might also be an option because it will bend where any pressure is?

At least if you heal the holes with 2 bars in, if the single bar just doesn't work, you still have the 2 holes to use for some other jewellery if you wanted to.

As I said, I'm no expert but that's what I would do.

Also I tried to get an opinion from this well respected shop on my piercing and they had a policy of not commenting on piercings done by other people so they wouldn't even talk to me about that one. That's why I posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
    Take it out ASAP. Post back here once it's healed and we can see if you're even suited for this piercing and help you find a good piercer for next time. Once you've acknowledged this I'll move these posts to the "Ask the Community" thread so it's not on someone else's thread.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you both for your replies. It's a little frustrating to say the least. My piercer isn't in for another week. But I acknowledge and respect your advice and will obviously give it more thought. I did go to him on a recommendation, but I guess everyone has at least one happy customer. Thank you for moving the thread, apologies and appreciation. Kimber x

I've posted on here and didn't get a response. But my labret still bothers me most days. It doesn't seem infected, its not hot, not swollen, just hurts. I don't bump it or catch it on anything very often. I soak it every few days or as needed, it's clean. Never taken it out. Nor do I think I need to. It an anatometal piece of jewelry, done by a professional. But is it normal for a labret that is a few months old to still hurt? Nothing terrible, but sometimes it gets hard to eat. There are days and sometimes a week where it will be perfect, not a shred of pain, but then it will start to hurt again. I also seem a bit prone to pimples on the inside of the piercing??? It's happened twice. I kept soaking more often and nothing would help, didn't look infected, but I would push on it, and it would pop, and then feel so much better and pain would stop.
    Right now, I don't think there is a pimple. Is there anything else I should be doing or trying?

Quote Originally Posted by quietshadow View Post
    I've posted on here and didn't get a response. But my labret still bothers me most days. It doesn't seem infected, its not hot, not swollen, just hurts. I don't bump it or catch it on anything very often. I soak it every few days or as needed, it's clean. Never taken it out. Nor do I think I need to. It an anatometal piece of jewelry, done by a professional. But is it normal for a labret that is a few months old to still hurt? Nothing terrible, but sometimes it gets hard to eat. There are days and sometimes a week where it will be perfect, not a shred of pain, but then it will start to hurt again. I also seem a bit prone to pimples on the inside of the piercing??? It's happened twice. I kept soaking more often and nothing would help, didn't look infected, but I would push on it, and it would pop, and then feel so much better and pain would stop.
    Right now, I don't think there is a pimple. Is there anything else I should be doing or trying?
    Does it seem too long or too short? Have you been to your piercer for an in-person assessment?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

A few weeks after it was initially done, I went back to get a new ring put in, and she even commented on how good it looked. It never got swollen when it was first done either. It looks very good most days honestly. The ring fits great in my opinion. Nothing pushes on it, doesn't rub anything. I was extremely happy with placement etc. But it hurts. Almost as if something was stuck in the hole or a pimple pushing and getting irritated. Is there anything to help with that, if that is the case? The piercer is a fair distance out of my area, and I have a tattoo appointment starting every month once September comes, so I figured I would get an update from her then, since it looks fine. It's confusing. Looks ok, feels irritating some days. I sometimes skip soaking for a week at a time when it feels good, no crusties, etc, but start back up if I feel that irritation start again. It's not bad by any means, just annoying! And part of me is worried that it isn't healing like it should since it does have some discomfort to it and I got it done back in March.

Well the initial healing can take 3 months so you're barely past that and if you're healing with a ring you're looking more like 5-6 months as it will take longer.

I knew it would take longer to heal with a ring, but I assumed that meant a complete heal, and not the initial pain phase. But that is comforting to know that it is not out of the ordinary.

Hi again
    ive got a bit of an issue with 2 lobe piercings. So next to my first lobe piercing on my left ear (the one you would get as a baby) I got 2 more lobe piercings (so I got my 2nd and 3rd lobes) and I got it done 5 months ago with a gun. I know I shouldn't have gotten them with a gun but I didn't think it would cause any problems on the lobe and it was cheaper etc. but anyhow, after 6 weeks I thought those piercings had healed so I changed the earring to small gold plated stud earring. I was wrong and it definitely had not healed. Every now and then those piercings have red crusts around them from dried up blood and sometimes little yellow puss comes out. I have been cleaning them everyday with SSS and recently tried tea tree oil. I don't think it's working and I don't even know if I should change the earrings. I'm so sick and tired of them not healing and I'm getting quite impatient having it been 5 months. Please help.
    Thank you, love you lots