Page 71 of 113 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TatsandTiffanys View Post
    Hi I'm new and have been waiting a few days to be able to post because I have some concerns about a new pirecing. It's says I'm able to start a thread and then when I try it says I need at least 5 post :/

This is is a protection against spam, the best thing to do is to post in here, where you'll get a lot of views
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

OK thank you !

Help barely sleeping!

A week ago Saturday I got an industrial pirecing. I sort of got it on a whim, I've had cartilage pirecings before so I didn't really think much about it. After I got it pierced it swelled and got rather red for the next couple of days so I turned to the Internet. I started reading the horrors of infection and the likes of these pirecing and freaked myself out to the point of not sleeping and having full blown anxiety attacks. I went back to the pirecer Saturday and he reassured me the pirecing had some blockage but was not infected and removed it for me. I have continued to clean and keep hair away but I am super paranoid I trapped an infection in there or I will still get infected. What doesn't help is there is strep throat going around my job and I feel like I am getting it. But part of me thinks it's not strep but an infection. I went to urgent care and they said I have a sore throat and a swollen glan on the side of the pirecing but my rapid strep test came back negative. I got antibiotics but am still really worried. Was it dangerous taking out my pirecing? Could I have trapped an infection. My ear is swollen but not terribly and more pink then red and there really hasn't been any discharge. I feel like I have the flu with a sore throat and am exhausted also.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLoveLace View Post
    I'm far from being an expert but if I was you, I'd use the LITHA or LIMA method. If you want to put something on it, just let the water from a shower, for eg, run over it or buy a saline solution spray like H2 Ocean. Good luck.
    Don't bother with H2Ocean: http://richardeffinivey.tumblr.com/p...ercare-and-how

Just buy sterile saline like Stericlens from Amazon. Stop with the antibacterial soap and Octisept. It's overkill.
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Quote Originally Posted by TatsandTiffanys View Post
    OK thank you !

Help barely sleeping!

A week ago Saturday I got an industrial pirecing. I sort of got it on a whim, I've had cartilage pirecings before so I didn't really think much about it. After I got it pierced it swelled and got rather red for the next couple of days so I turned to the Internet. I started reading the horrors of infection and the likes of these pirecing and freaked myself out to the point of not sleeping and having full blown anxiety attacks. I went back to the pirecer Saturday and he reassured me the pirecing had some blockage but was not infected and removed it for me. I have continued to clean and keep hair away but I am super paranoid I trapped an infection in there or I will still get infected. What doesn't help is there is strep throat going around my job and I feel like I am getting it. But part of me thinks it's not strep but an infection. I went to urgent care and they said I have a sore throat and a swollen glan on the side of the pirecing but my rapid strep test came back negative. I got antibiotics but am still really worried. Was it dangerous taking out my pirecing? Could I have trapped an infection. My ear is swollen but not terribly and more pink then red and there really hasn't been any discharge. I feel like I have the flu with a sore throat and am exhausted also.
    That "trapping an infection" crap some piercers tell you about is absolute nonsense. To me it sounds like it was a normal fresh industrial piercing. I mean think about it - you got two holes stabbed in your ear right near each other, it's bound to be sore! If it's infected it will usually be very swollen, very painful, hot to touch and/or have green discharge. I don't know what your piercer meant by "blockage" ?!

I think you've worried and worked yourself up so much that your body has created symptoms because your brain has been telling it that it's sick. If you've taken the piercing out it's just like any other cut really - just clean it in the shower and it's not likely to get infected. You need to chill out
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

This feels like a silly question, but I have gotta ask! I got my rook pierced this past Saturday. I knew this piercing wasn't particularly visible to the wearer, but is it normal to not be able to see your piercing at all? No matter how far I turn my head to look I can't see it. Other people have trouble seeing it as well. The piercing itself rests pretty far in toward my face. Practically in the crevice of my ear. I can't post a photo yet! I emailed my piercer with a photo, and she said it has nothing to do with the positioning of my piercing, but the jewelry and swelling. She wants me to come in to the shop Friday to have her change it. I know that is going to be incredibly painful process. I don't want to do it if I'm still going to dislike the positioning after it's done.
    Last edited by SJ_123; 05-10-2016 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SJ_123 View Post
    This feels like a silly question, but I have gotta ask! I got my rook pierced this past Saturday. I knew this piercing wasn't particularly visible to the wearer, but is it normal to not be able to see your piercing at all? No matter how far I turn my head to look I can't see it. Other people have trouble seeing it as well. The piercing itself rests pretty far in toward my face. Practically in the crevice of my ear. I can't post a photo yet! I emailed my piercer with a photo, and she said it has nothing to do with the positioning of my piercing, but the jewelry and swelling. She wants me to come in to the shop Friday to have her change it. I know that is going to be incredibly painful process. I don't want to do it if I'm still going to dislike the positioning after it's done.
    Hmm, I dont know about others, but I can see mine ok if i turn side on. I'm assuming it's bothering you that you can't see it?

Wait what, you got it done three days ago and she's offering to change it already???
    Unless the jewellery is the wrong size and is either causing problems with swelling, causing an allergic reaction, or needs a downsize there is no reason at all to change it this early. You will piss it off so much it is insane that she's even offering that already.
    If she's thinking it's down to swelling how the heck is a jewellery change going to help that? It will be going through the same hole, and will 100% result in even more swelling due to the unnecessary trauma of a jewellery change this early. I don't even...

Can you post a link to a photo for us to have a look at here? Maybe we can reassure or advise without you having to go through that.

If it helps the only reason I can see mine is because to the end I picked is long (rather than just a ball end) so I could see from the front. Otherwise I need to get inventive with mirrors too.

But a pic of yours would help If it is just the jewellery the recommended thing to do would be heal it up with what you have in there now, then change over after it's healed to something more aesthetically pleasing for you.
    Last edited by ~Nox~; 05-10-2016 at 11:39 PM.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

I also have this photo, too! Again I still haven't quite reached 10 postings so I cannot post a link yet. So the "h" in http is separated from the link.

h ttp://tinypic.com/m/j8039h/3

hi I have question about horizontal tongue piercings.
    I am planning to get one near the tip of my tongue but, there is not much information about the piercing. I know that is can damage your teeth but I can always change the balls to bioplast or acrylic. I don't plan to get it right at
    the tip maybe further back so that I don't get a lisp or anything.

here is what i wish to know.:

1. healing time?
    2. Risks
    3. what i will expect
    4. migration?
    5. any other problems with healing or having it long term

It does help ease my nerves that you cannot see yours either. I know this is a pretty discreet piercing, but most people I spoke to said they could see their piercing when their head was turned to the side. I cannot see mine in the slightest.

That is exactly what I thought (about changing a piercing too soon)! I was really concerned when she asked me to come in to change the jewelry. In my inexperienced opinion, the piercing is angled oddly. A picture does not quite accurately capture how far angled the end of the earring is in the crevice of my ear. Everyone who has seen it has asked why my piercing angles so far into my ear. It creates a lot of pressure on the end of my piercing, which in turn has left the bottom part of my piercing swollen and angry. The bottom part of the piercing is pushing tightly against the crevice of my ear. There is no room for it. I believe the piercer said that she can put a less curved bar in my ear, but that still doesn't solve the problem that the piercing is pushing up against the crevice of my ear.

If the positioning is off I would rather take it out and let it heal and try piercing it again later on. Rather than letting it heal for 18 months only to not like where it was positioned IF it could have been changed.

I do not have 10 posts so I cannot post a photo yet, but here is a link! The "h" in http is separated from the link since I cannot actually post a link yet.

h ttp://tinypic.com/m/j807bc/3

So hopefully you guys will know! If it is the jewelry that is the problem or perhaps the positioning of the piercing ... or maybe even the anatomy of my ear! I really don't know.
    I also have this photo, too! Again I still haven't quite reached 10 postings so I cannot post a link yet. So the "h" in http is separated from the link.

h ttp://tinypic.com/m/j8039h/3
    Before even looking at the images I would say if it's creating pressure then you need to remove it, I doubt a jewellery change would fix that. It's pretty tricky to see exactly what's going on from the images and I've seen rooks pierced at all sorts of angles depending on the persons anatomy. You have a very very small gap there anyway, so however it's pierced I think it will either look really tucked away, or further out than what's probably the norm looking at most peoples placement.

Are you UK based? There are recommended piercers listed on these forums, it could be worth a visit to a different one to access it properly in person. But if it was my ear, the pressure would be enough for me to remove it, heal it up then either get a re pierce or select another piercing your ears more suited too.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds