Page 62 of 113 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxx-Returns View Post
    No, not at all
    That's good then!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

My tragus is a month old today, and it's been really sore and swelled the length of the bar. It's quite pussy but clear/slightly yellow so I'm not worried about it being infected or anything. I SSS'd it and it bled a fair bit. But it looks sunken at the front. There aren't many decent piercers in Birmingham, but do you reckon it's worth going to MBA and having them put in a longer bar?
    Becky
    Current: 2 sets of lobes, 2 helix, forward helix (l), conch, tragus (r), navel
    Want: helix, daith (l), lobe (r)
    Retired: rook (r)

'You can't plough a field by turning the soil over in your mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mints View Post
    My tragus is a month old today, and it's been really sore and swelled the length of the bar. It's quite pussy but clear/slightly yellow so I'm not worried about it being infected or anything. I SSS'd it and it bled a fair bit. But it looks sunken at the front. There aren't many decent piercers in Birmingham, but do you reckon it's worth going to MBA and having them put in a longer bar?
    try doing some chamomile compresses, they'll help with swelling as chamomile is a natural anti inflammatory (just make sure your not allergic to ragweed!)

to to do a chamomile compress: make a cup of chamomile tea as normal, let the tea bag sit for a little while. Take the tea bag out and let it cool just enough to stand the heat on your ear. Use the chamomile tea bag as a hot compress on the piercing until it cools. Do this twice a day if you can and after a couple of days you should see a difference. You should definitely see a difference after a week, if not see a piercer. you can also use the left over tea in the cup and put sea salt in it to do an sss with the added help of the chamomile.

Hope it gets better for you soon!
    Left Ear: Daith, Industrial, Conch, 2 Lobes
    Right Ear: 2 Helixes, Tragus, 3 Conches, 2 Lobes

Septum, Tongue

Retired: snug :(

Quote Originally Posted by Mints View Post
    If soaks/heat don't work try the other way, cold compresses, ibuprofen (if you can take it), sleep with an extra pillow to elevate your head, don't sleep on it, touch it etc
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Carrielouise View Post
    try doing some chamomile compresses, they'll help with swelling as chamomile is a natural anti inflammatory (just make sure your not allergic to ragweed!)

to to do a chamomile compress: make a cup of chamomile tea as normal, let the tea bag sit for a little while. Take the tea bag out and let it cool just enough to stand the heat on your ear. Use the chamomile tea bag as a hot compress on the piercing until it cools. Do this twice a day if you can and after a couple of days you should see a difference. You should definitely see a difference after a week, if not see a piercer. you can also use the left over tea in the cup and put sea salt in it to do an sss with the added help of the chamomile.

Hope it gets better for you soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    If soaks/heat don't work try the other way, cold compresses, ibuprofen (if you can take it), sleep with an extra pillow to elevate your head, don't sleep on it, touch it etc
    Thank you
    Becky

Hello, very new here and have completely no idea what I'm doing!! I got my belly button pierced about 3 months ago, and it's been fine Untill now as I cleaned it regularly with hot salty water when I cleaned the rest of my piercings.. But now it's got a bit sore - the top hole isn't sore but around it, the skin had become quite dark and a tiny bit flaky (I scar very easily so I'm not sure if it's just a scar) and the bottom is always quite crusty and there is usually matter stuck on the ball which I clean off daily and today there is like a blob coming out the end, it doesn't smell or it isn't a weird colour. I've looked at rejecting piercings and I checked mine but you can't see the bar through my skin and the gap between the entry and exit hasn't changed, I'm very confused hahah anyone that may be able to help me please do! I apologise if I'm doing this completely wrong haha

Quote Originally Posted by Erynn View Post
    Hello, very new here and have completely no idea what I'm doing!! I got my belly button pierced about 3 months ago, and it's been fine Untill now as I cleaned it regularly with hot salty water when I cleaned the rest of my piercings.. But now it's got a bit sore - the top hole isn't sore but around it, the skin had become quite dark and a tiny bit flaky (I scar very easily so I'm not sure if it's just a scar) and the bottom is always quite crusty and there is usually matter stuck on the ball which I clean off daily and today there is like a blob coming out the end, it doesn't smell or it isn't a weird colour. I've looked at rejecting piercings and I checked mine but you can't see the bar through my skin and the gap between the entry and exit hasn't changed, I'm very confused hahah anyone that may be able to help me please do! I apologise if I'm doing this completely wrong haha
    All sounds normal to me The flaky skin could be from using too much salt and drying it out?
    Becky

Stop over cleaning it and using really hot water (you want warm, not hot). If you really really need to clean it use sterile saline as sometimes you can put too much salt in the salt water which dries it out, but really water from the shower is just fine.

The material and jewellery could be causing irritation though. Do you know what material it's made from?
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Not sure if I should post this here or in the Bumps forum. Anyhow~
    I was downsizing my latest tongue piercings just now and noticed that the part around the hole in my tongue is still slightly swollen and feels hard. I know the swelling is normal but what seems weird to me is that it feels hard. With all the other tongue piercings I never had my tongue turn hard before. So my question is if this can be considered normal and can happen or if its something else? And is there anything I can do about it or do I need to just wait?

It isnt really massive. It still feels fleshy and such. Just a small circle thats raised and feels slightly more solid. And its a week ago since I gotten them.
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Not sure if I should post this here or in the Bumps forum. Anyhow~
    I was downsizing my latest tongue piercings just now and noticed that the part around the hole in my tongue is still slightly swollen and feels hard. I know the swelling is normal but what seems weird to me is that it feels hard. With all the other tongue piercings I never had my tongue turn hard before. So my question is if this can be considered normal and can happen or if its something else? And is there anything I can do about it or do I need to just wait?

It isnt really massive. It still feels fleshy and such. Just a small circle thats raised and feels slightly more solid. And its a week ago since I gotten them.
    Totally normal, it's the fistula that's being formed.