Page 4 of 113 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community

Thanks for the pointers, I've got some organic coconut oil that smells yummy, maybe massaging with that after cleaning would help. I've got Holy Butt'r as well but that seems to make the gunk go into a hard layer on my plugs
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Hi guys! Just after a bit of advice im not very in the know with piercings haha! i got my rook pierced in october, and all was going well until i got my bar caught on a coat zip! As you can imagi e it bled really bad! This was a good month or so ago now but ever since ive got the dreaded bump on both ends of my piercing and it oozes pretty much everytime its touched! My piercer gave me a saline spray for piercing aftercare which didnt help so i went back and she gave me some lavender/tea tree oil stuff but was adamant my piercing wasnt infected despite the oozing and slight achy feeling. Well today i went to my doctors who said it is definately infected and has given my some antibiotics. Flucloxicillin i think they're called? Has anyone aby experience with these? He suggested taking the piercing out after 2 weeks if infection hasnt gone but i really dont want to lose my beautiful rook piercing! Does anyone have any advice? I'd hate to lose it :( thanks!

It doesn't sound infected? My rook got infected and my ear was twice it's normal size, throbbed unbelievably bad, was leaking yellow pus that smelled like death, was bright red and I felt unwell. (fun fact - it cleared up and two weeks later I got kicked in the ear ) yours just sounds irritated - it's been through trauma after all!

I've never taken flucloxacillin but I know they're penicillin based and thats literally the extent of my knowledge :L

The best advice I could give is to be patient with it - bumps can take a while to go away and just leave it alone (Stop touching it) and let it heal. If you caught the bar you've set back healing and it's going to be painful because of that. Keep it clean but beyond that I'd just leave it alone.

(Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :L)
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

For an anti-brow piercing I don't intend to wear for more than a couple years, should I get a surface bar or MD?
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Hmm, If you don't intend to keep it I wouldn't do it. Either way it'll leave a scar.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Thehorror View Post
    For an anti-brow piercing I don't intend to wear for more than a couple years, should I get a surface bar or MD?
    MDs will probably leave less of a scar if removed properly than a surface bar would. From experience, I've found surface bars tend to reject more than MDs, (this is only my experience, don't take this as fact), so if you're dead set on getting something, I'd go for the MDs. Personally though, I wouldn't get any kind of surface/MD on my face, just in case of scarring.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Quote Originally Posted by Toofwess View Post
    Hmm, If you don't intend to keep it I wouldn't do it. Either way it'll leave a scar.
    Not always a bad thing, I like the scars from my eyebrow piercings

But yus if you're worried about scarring then neither.

I'd personally go for MD's.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I recently had my rook pierced and a hoop put in.
    It's been almost 2 weeks and its still really sore. Should I have got a bar put in instead????

Rooks can be painful for a long old while; my conch/helix are still sore to sleep on nine months later, so two weeks is nothing! They can take a year to heal. But a bar would make healing easier than a ring.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos