Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community

No no, its neither poverty or impatience, here where I live its way too common to get simple (I mean not too dangerous) piercings by yourself. So I should aim to a normal ear lobe stretching and until then get the second one?

Where I'm from it's common to stretch your ears from 1.2mm to 10mm in a month and to wear tapers as jewellery. Doesn't make it okay.

I'd strongly advise getting a professional to pierce your ears. I don't think there is such a thing as a 'simple' piercing when you're not a professional. Besides, getting pierced by a professional means you can be pierced at a larger size, which means you can skip the early stretching stages. =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Where I'm from it's common to stretch your ears from 1.2mm to 10mm in a month and to wear tapers as jewellery. Doesn't make it okay.

I'd strongly advise getting a professional to pierce your ears. I don't think there is such a thing as a 'simple' piercing when you're not a professional. Besides, getting pierced by a professional means you can be pierced at a larger size, which means you can skip the early stretching stages. =)
    this!

and, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't being pierced at a larger gauge mean that your ears stretch fairly easily afterwards?
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Quote Originally Posted by iv_meneses View Post
    ...I am not getting them pierced by a professional...
    Why all the questions then? It won't matter what anyone says unless you go to a professional, end of.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

I mean the questions were if getting both pierced at the same time, or waiting until finishing the first. Thanks, now I know. And well I see a lot of value in what you do yourself. Thanks a lot for the advice !

Quote Originally Posted by iv_meneses View Post
    I mean the questions were if getting both pierced at the same time, or waiting until finishing the first. Thanks, now I know. And well I see a lot of value in what you do yourself. Thanks a lot for the advice !
    Tbh none of it matters unless you go to a pro who knows what they are doing anyway. If someone f**ks up your 1st's then your 2nd's won't even happen.

Each to their own though, good luck.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Hi everyone!
    I just got my industrial done on Sunday and it's super super swollen. I've been doing the SSS and taking ibuprofen. Would the SSS work if I use it cold instead of hot? While doing the hot compresses my piercing starts bleeding quite a bit. Thank you!

Also, another question!
    Emu oil or Tea Tree Oil? Which one is better? I have the Tea Tree from my other piercings but just heard about the Emu oil
    !

I do my sea salt soaks with cold, or lukewarm, water rather than hot. Still use boiling to make up the solution, but I let it cool down an awful lot before I use it. Definitely emu oil. Tea tree oil is too harsh for fresh piercings, but emu oil can be used on any piercing. It did wonders for my nipple!
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Is it normal for lobe piercings to smell awful?? I have a really weird thing that happens to my piercings no matter if they're 1 week or 1 year old the gunk that comes out always smells foul, even if I wash them and dry them and oil them or anything, some have titanium some have steel and they all stink, no matter what I do it's horrible and I worry that other people can smell it.
    Is there a way to stop that happening?
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed