Page 112 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1262102103104105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1122

Thread: Ask the Community

Hi there,

I was hoping some of you helpful piercers could answer a question for me. I’m really, really freaked out by this bump that appeared today above my new front nostril piercing. The back one is an old piercing that healed just fine a long time ago. This new one has been irritated off and on, but the bump appeared today. I am so scared. It feels itchy and it is crusting a bit but not a lot, and the crust isn’t yellow or green. What is it? I really hope it’s not a keloid scar. I was pierced about two weeks ago and then had to change the jewelry Sunday night. It’s been doing okay though until now.
    001.jpg002.jpg
    Last edited by FiL; 02-08-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Looks irritated which is no wonder after such an early jewellery change. Also if it's low quality jewellery then it may be reacting to that as well. It's basically an irritation bump. Keloids on piercings are rare.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Scared,
    Bumps like this are common with nostril piercings especially with a hoop in such a fresh one. Itching is usually a good sign of the body trying to heal. With good aftercare and high quality jewellery in place then it should heal just fine but may take some time time to settle.
    It is unlikely to be a keloid unless you are prone to them. It has likely reacted to the change of jewellery so early on and is irritated. Couple of queries....

Were you pierced in a professional studio with a needle?
    What jewellery were you pierced with?
    Why did you change it rather than return to your piercer for advice/jewellery change?

Personally I would go to a skilled piercer and get some implant grade highly polished jewellery that is fit for purpose put in there. Other than cleaning saline and dabbing dry with clean paper towel...leave it well alone.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Hi guys! Thanks so much. I got it pierced at atomic tattoo in LA but I live in Orange County, so I went to Outer Limits in Costa Mesa to get the jewelry changed (it was gold and I needed it to be stainless steel—long story), but they wouldn’t change it for me because they said they didn’t feel comfortable because they weren’t the ones who pierced me, but I still needed to change it, so I did it myself as best I could. I’ve been cleaning it with saline and sometimes tea tree soap, but I’ve stopped the tea tree soap since it could be the cause of the irritation. I can’t tell if sea salt soaks are worth the irritation or not, but I did one last night for the first time. Should I do more? I clean it three times a day with saline wound wash. It isn’t infected, I don’t think. It doesn’t look like scar tissue to you guys? I’m really relieved. I can’t have a big scar on my nose from a nose ring and be taken seriously at work, I don’t think.

I very much doubt it is scar tissue. It is more likely irritation caused by the trauma of changing it too soon. The use of stainless steel is not best practice in unhealed piercings either really due to possible allergic reaction to the nickel content of the material. Personally I would be using implant grade, highly polished titanium or niobium. Hoops/rings can be used but may increase healing time as they can increase trauma to the forming fistula especially if not correctly sized for your anatomy or piercing placement.

You are right to stop with the soap and yes you should continue with the saline washes. If using pre-prepared wound wash then make sure it is suitable for piercings and continuous use with no additional ingredients which may cause further problems. H2Ocean would be my choice of spray wash treatment if it were my piercing as it is easily obtainable in the US. Don't over clean as you will be removing the skins natural oils which will then interfere with healing. One clean in the morning and one before bed with a spritz a couple of times during the day if required to sooth itching.

Everybody heals differently which is why you should follow your piercer's advice and have them check it for you if you are unsure about things.
    Have a look at the APP website for more info safepiercing.org . They have a good section on suggested aftercare and also local recommended piercers who may help with problems.
    Time & patience .
    Good luck
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

You have absolutely loads of APP registered piercers near you as above, go see one if you're concerned and get the steel changed out if it's not implant grade.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I just had my daith re-pierced yesterday and after my last one rejected, I'm paranoid, I was told that tattoo goo do a piercing aftercare kit, I used the tattoo version and it was great. I was wondering if the piercing one is worth getting or is it a waste of money? I'll put the link down below.

https://www.superdrug.com/Body-Moist...e-Kit/p/756364

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoleyOne View Post
    I just had my daith re-pierced yesterday and after my last one rejected, I'm paranoid, I was told that tattoo goo do a piercing aftercare kit, I used the tattoo version and it was great. I was wondering if the piercing one is worth getting or is it a waste of money? I'll put the link down below.

https://www.superdrug.com/Body-Moist...e-Kit/p/756364
    Not sure to be honest! I didn't want you to waste your money! The pink bottle is very strong and basically made my skin come off and left me with very sore ears. The blue bottle is just basically salty water and the one that looks a bit like toothpaste is a good wash for Tattoo's (I use that myself) but I found it hard to rinse off with piercings. The only aftercare I really do rate is Pronotlind spray. Congratulations on your new piercing!
    Last edited by Mazzy; 08-22-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Yeah I won't be buying that then, thanks I'm glad I held off buying it.

I wouldn't buy a thing from Superdrug now they use guns to pierce ears. Disgusting.

But yeah, sterile saline and gauze should suffice for cleaning a piercing. Or just rinse it in the shower. Less it more. No real need for lotions and potions.