Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1060100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1122

Thread: Ask the Community

I don't know what you mean by "thin skin" sorry. It looks perfectly fine to me.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Well it's just a bit more red than the regular cartilage tissue. Good to hear that it looks fine to you, maybe I should just change my attitude about it and leave it a bit more alone, so if there is anything to be healed there, to let it happen.

Thanks anyway
    A beginner really

Right ear: two lobes, helix and daith
    Left ear: three lobes and tragus
    Nose: septum

Quote Originally Posted by Daisie View Post
    Hi everybody,

I figured out that it's easier to just post here instead of doing the whole new topic.

I'm having a bit of issues with tragus. I had a nasty bump on it, but after I resized the jewelry, it went back to almost completely fine, no bump anywhere to be seen, but what is concerning me that there is always a kind of a thin area of aggravated skin around the piercing hole where bump used to be, and sometimes I have the impression that it itches. I am doing only shower rinses and I let it dry afterwards, twice a day. Is this a good idea? Is there anything else to do to help this piercing heal totally?

Thanks!
    Sorry, to hear about your Tragus. I think you may be overdoing your shower rinses. I only do a rinse once a day. And I dry it with a hair drier. My Tragus has been such a pain and is only just starting to settle - around October time it will be two years old. Itching = healing!
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2. Left Double Tragus - sadly! :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Thank you for your response, Mazzy! I also think that I might be overdoing it with cleaning and water, generally. I'll try to leave it alone for some time to see what is going to happen. Actually I even think that when I don't shower it that often, it itches less.

What gets on my nerves also is that, although I tend not to sleep on my ears (but on the area above them somehow), sometimes I wake up with my tragus or helix a bit angry. Luckily it calms down during the day.
    A beginner really

Well it's just a bit more red than the regular cartilage tissue. Good to hear that it looks fine to you, maybe I should just change my attitude about it and leave it a bit more alone, so if there is anything to be healed there, to let it happen.

Thanks anyway
    Less is often more. I can have redness for 2-3 years or more, it's just my skin type.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Good to hear that some redness is not automatically a signal that something is there to be treated. I'm skipping the showers tonight, all my piercings feel fine, so I won't be bothering them.
    A beginner really

Good to hear that some redness is not automatically a signal that something is there to be treated. I'm skipping the showers tonight, all my piercings feel fine, so I won't be bothering them.
    Sounds like a good plan! I hope it settles down soon for you! ^_^

Thank you, Hazel!
    A beginner really

Thank you for your response, Mazzy! I also think that I might be overdoing it with cleaning and water, generally. I'll try to leave it alone for some time to see what is going to happen. Actually I even think that when I don't shower it that often, it itches less.

What gets on my nerves also is that, although I tend not to sleep on my ears (but on the area above them somehow), sometimes I wake up with my tragus or helix a bit angry. Luckily it calms down during the day.
    No problem Daisie. I only shower rinse mine once a day. I think in the end if you over clean it makes it too dry and annoys it all over again. If this is any help my Tragus still looks red. I don't know what you could do about accidently sleeping near them. I have to sleep on my back luckily. (If I sleep on my sides I pull my collar bone out).
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2. Left Double Tragus - sadly! :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Hi,

My name is Alex and I've had my nostril pierced 2 months ago with a ball ring.

The first three weeks I had no infection, although there was a small bump at the top of the hole that was bleeding for a bit. I was doing SSS two times a day, everything seemed manageable.

After the one month mark, one morning I had really red pinkish skin, so I went to the doctor (I was abroad). He told me it might be infected, so gave me a Baneocin ointment (Bacitracine Zinc) to use for one week. I've done the one week Bacitracine treatment, applying on the ring, rotating so that ointment gets there and that was pretty much it.

I got back to the UK and for almost one week everything seemed to be alright. Even the bump started to go away by that point, so I was like YEAH all my problems are over!

Little did I know next day I would wake up again with the dreaded red-pink skin, but this time everything developed quite fast and pus started to accumulate into the thought-it-was-gone bump until the evening, so an infection that advanced quite fast. There was like 4-5 mm circumference of pus blistered into that bump.
    At this point I went to the pharmacist, which wasn't really helpful, but said I should go to the GP for further advice. The GP prescribed oral flucloxacillin for one week, which I started next day, as it was quite late when I spoke to the GP.

I took flucloxacillin for one week, everything was going smooth. At this point, I said that it's been almost 2 months since getting pierced, so I should just leave the ring in place and so I was just washing in the shower and that's it, no SSS or anything else. The week went fine, the infection went away, the bump once again went away and it looked nice (althought the skin a bit grayish in colour where the bump "used" to be).

So this Sat I finished the oral antibiotic, and this morning I wake up... skin is red and pink again and looking inflamed.
    I've done a SSS and applied a bit of Bacitracine on the ring again as I didn't know what to do this morning.

The thing is it always moves when I'm sleeping, and probably bacteria from INSIDE the nose is getting there again over and over, as I am NOT touching it AT ALL..
    I can see it often moves during the night because the position of the ball changes.

At this point I am pretty much desperate, because I don't want to quit the ring :(

What does someone with experience recommend? Is there any way of making sure the ring stays in place? Should I try switching to a stud until it heals, or get rid of it completely?

Many thanks for your time, I really appreciate it