Page 109 of 113 FirstFirst ... 95999100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1122

Thread: Ask the Community

Default Piercing questions...please help!

Hello!

I am new to this, so I hope Iím posting in the correct spot...I recently had my Tragus as well as my helix and have a few questions, my piercer is in Santa Monica and Iím in Utah:/ Tragus is still swollen which Iím reading is fairly normal, but my helix is whatís causing me problems. I had it pierced on April 9, and no longer than 2 weeks later I began developing a bump on the backside which is very tender. Iíve not slept on my side since I got it and mainly wash every couple days w the Dr. Bronners soap I received from piercing place otherwise I just rinse it. Itís still super tender and bump seems to be getting larger. My Tragus seems pretty swollen too, but non-tender. I failed to realize I wear a stethoscope on a daily basis and am thinking the Tragus may not work. So far Iíve managed to do assessments with one ear. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!!! I have pics just donít know how to post them:/

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Mz1ozano View Post
    Hello!

I am new to this, so I hope I’m posting in the correct spot...I recently had my Tragus as well as my helix and have a few questions, my piercer is in Santa Monica and I’m in Utah:/ Tragus is still swollen which I’m reading is fairly normal, but my helix is what’s causing me problems. I had it pierced on April 9, and no longer than 2 weeks later I began developing a bump on the backside which is very tender. I’ve not slept on my side since I got it and mainly wash every couple days w the Dr. Bronners soap I received from piercing place otherwise I just rinse it. It’s still super tender and bump seems to be getting larger. My Tragus seems pretty swollen too, but non-tender. I failed to realize I wear a stethoscope on a daily basis and am thinking the Tragus may not work. So far I’ve managed to do assessments with one ear. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!!! I have pics just don’t know how to post them:/

Mel
    The soap may be irritating them. Try rinsing in the shower each day. Make sure the jewellery you have in there is implant grade and high-quality. If the tragus is getting irritated from your equipment and doesn't get a chance to heal without being bumped/knocked it may well not be a good idea for you and your lifestyle.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    The soap may be irritating them. Try rinsing in the shower each day. Make sure the jewellery you have in there is implant grade and high-quality. If the tragus is getting irritated from your equipment and doesn't get a chance to heal without being bumped/knocked it may well not be a good idea for you and your lifestyle.
    The helix has an 18 G titanium ring in it and the Tragus has a titanium labret. When I first got it I kept hitting it w my brush-Iíve gotten much better. Could it be the ring inhibiting healing?? Is it bad to let piercings air dry?? Would you recommend sea salt soaks 2 weeks later?? Thanks so much for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Mz1ozano View Post
    The helix has an 18 G titanium ring in it and the Tragus has a titanium labret. When I first got it I kept hitting it w my brush-I’ve gotten much better. Could it be the ring inhibiting healing?? Is it bad to let piercings air dry?? Would you recommend sea salt soaks 2 weeks later?? Thanks so much for your help
    I don't really recommend SSS at all, soaking your piercing in dirty salt water doesn't seem like a great idea overall these days. 18g is often too thin for a helix piercing and yes the ring could be causing problems. I'd possibly go find a better piercer and get them to have a look and check the jewellery. Air-drying is fine.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hey all,

What happened to the recommended piercer thread? Looking for a new piercer in the Midlands as my old amazing one moved away. Help?
    Current
    Lobes x2 L + R
    Nostril L
    Navel standard
    Tragus L
    Nipples L + R

Planned
    Forward helix x3 R
    Conch L
    Daith R
    Helix R

Retired
    Inverse diagonal navel x2

Quote Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
    Hey all,

What happened to the recommended piercer thread? Looking for a new piercer in the Midlands as my old amazing one moved away. Help?
    It was getting way too hard to maintain tbh, I didn't have time for it with piercers moving/leaving companies, new ones joining and having to monitor their work and ethics etc. And as we have the UKAPP now you can look up registered piercers on there.

Edit: Also some people would say bad/negative things about some piercers and name them which led to some contacting me/BJS asking for potentially libellous comments to be removed etc. It was getting messy.
    Last edited by Boo; 06-30-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Hi everybody,

I figured out that it's easier to just post here instead of doing the whole new topic.

I'm having a bit of issues with tragus. I had a nasty bump on it, but after I resized the jewelry, it went back to almost completely fine, no bump anywhere to be seen, but what is concerning me that there is always a kind of a thin area of aggravated skin around the piercing hole where bump used to be, and sometimes I have the impression that it itches. I am doing only shower rinses and I let it dry afterwards, twice a day. Is this a good idea? Is there anything else to do to help this piercing heal totally?

Thanks!
    A beginner really

Right ear: two lobes, helix and daith
    Left ear: three lobes and tragus
    Nose: septum

Quote Originally Posted by Daisie View Post
    I'm having a bit of issues with tragus. I had a nasty bump on it, but after I resized the jewelry, it went back to almost completely fine, no bump anywhere to be seen, but what is concerning me that there is always a kind of a thin area of aggravated skin around the piercing hole where bump used to be, and sometimes I have the impression that it itches. I am doing only shower rinses and I let it dry afterwards, twice a day. Is this a good idea? Is there anything else to do to help this piercing heal totally?

Thanks!
    How old is it?

It's approximately a year old. It seemed to be healed (probably just initially), and then the bump happened, I have no idea how. I managed to treat it to some extent, but what helped in the end was this jewelry resizing, which happened in May this year. The bump went down rather quickly and since then it's this on/off situation with the thin area of skin just around and next to the hole. Nothing bad, but I'd just like to get it closer to being healed.
    A beginner really

I'll try to post a picture, I don't know if it's going to work. This is the best angle to look at it.
    Last edited by Boo; 07-03-2018 at 03:23 PM. Reason: direct link removed
    A beginner really