Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1122

Thread: Ask the Community

Quote Originally Posted by lolik View Post
    Still no experienced piercer around?
    Piercers are usually hyper busy people and often don't have time to be posting on forums sadly this has what's happened in the past, they get too busy and don't come on any more. Many are spending time tending to their business or helping their clients who will bring them repeat business so I can totally understand it.

As for your question it's like asking how long a piece of string is. It depends on the scar, the placement, the person, the piercing etc, you will have to see someone and be assessed in person for that question to be answered. You'll also need to break down the scar tissue as much as possible as that's also a factor. If the scar tissue is small enough and flat enough then it's usually not an issue.

As for jewellery for a forward helix you'll be looking at a labret bar of some kind, anything else can be problematic. Hoops can be used and while there is nothing inherently bad about them, they can make healing longer and get caught more etc. Some piercers prefer to use hoops as that's how they were trained and what they find easier. I'd personally go to someone with a bit more skill who is happy to use a variety of jewellery.
    Last edited by Boo; 04-22-2017 at 02:25 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory.mae View Post
    Hi, I got a labret piercing some weeks ago(maybe a month, I can't remember) and I think it's infected? Or maybe that's just how it heals? It wouldn't let me post pictures here, so I made an Instagram account so you could see them(user: @ivymae115).
    It doesn't hurt at all, and never really did, other than sometimes when I wake up, because of the way I sleep.
    But it looks very messed up on the inside, there is this white skin, maybe scar tissue? I'm not sure. Could someone please explain?! I can't go to my piercer, as they're far away and it's inconvenient right now, and I also cannot go to my doctor right now. Could someone please go and check out the pictures and help me? I've been trying to look for advice for a week!!
    Some white skin isn't a sign of infection. It may be anything, I can't see your photos, it would be best to upload them to a hosting site and post the link here (miss the http/www off if you really can't get to 10 posts). Also let us know the following:

What is the jewellery made from?
    If it's a bar does it seem to long/short?
    Have you had the jewellery downsized yet?
    How have you been cleaning it?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Default pls help this is very recent

hello everyone

recently my dog pulled out my helix piercing and it was not as bad as it could have been thank goodness, i cant get it back in tho bc it seems to be swelling out and there is hypertrophic scarring. pls take a look and give me advice. keep in mind i am black and am prone to keloids.

Hi guys! I had my helix done 3 weeks ago and had some issues with it: it's been irritated (might have made a too strong saline solution) for a while so I was just advised to buy it in spray form to reduce any touching etc. Anyway, for a few days now I've noticed that my ear tends to swell up/go red a bit even when I haven't just cleaned it. It always acts up a bit when I clean it which is why I've bought the spray to see if that helps but now it just randomly does it during the day as well. Would you say it's normal for it to keep spontaneously swelling a bit? I am fairly stressed at the moment - could that be a trigger? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeeceee View Post
    hello everyone

recently my dog pulled out my helix piercing and it was not as bad as it could have been thank goodness, i cant get it back in tho bc it seems to be swelling out and there is hypertrophic scarring. pls take a look and give me advice. keep in mind i am black and am prone to keloids.

I can’t see the pictures unfortunately but I’d go see someone and make sure everything is okay. Especially because of the germs that your dog might have transferred over that might cause infection etc. And also if you’re prone to keloids your piercer/GP might be able to identify any early potential developments of that?

Quote Originally Posted by banannapie View Post
    Hi guys! I had my helix done 3 weeks ago and had some issues with it: it's been irritated (might have made a too strong saline solution) for a while so I was just advised to buy it in spray form to reduce any touching etc. Anyway, for a few days now I've noticed that my ear tends to swell up/go red a bit even when I haven't just cleaned it. It always acts up a bit when I clean it which is why I've bought the spray to see if that helps but now it just randomly does it during the day as well. Would you say it's normal for it to keep spontaneously swelling a bit? I am fairly stressed at the moment - could that be a trigger? Thanks
    it could be stress that is also triggering the swelling. My helix some days was fine and sometimes it was sore; it took about a year to heal as I had a ring in it and it kept on being knocked.

try not to worry. Helixes can be a bit tricky and long healers. I found a warm compress helped.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by banannapie View Post
    I'd say try the LITHA method for a bit.
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~
    Koi fish half sleeve on left arm and hand.

Hi guys! I dont know if this thread is still alive and going. So I have this problem with my piercing for about a month now. I got my cartilage piercing around end of october and I thought it will go well, but last month i found out that a bump is starting to grow. I've been doing the sea salt soak and there are times I thought it is finally healed because it is getting smaller, but after some time, it will grow back again. Now I have it again (which is really frustrating), but the most frustrating part is when I did the sea salt soak and it seemed to have popped on its own. There was this dark red thing formed on the outside and I always assume that it's just dry blood.

I just wanna ask if there are other methods to make it go away faster? And do we still continue the sea salt soak after the bump is gone to ensure that it is fully healed?

Quote Originally Posted by ennylellehcor View Post
    Hi guys! I dont know if this thread is still alive and going. So I have this problem with my piercing for about a month now. I got my cartilage piercing around end of october and I thought it will go well, but last month i found out that a bump is starting to grow. I've been doing the sea salt soak and there are times I thought it is finally healed because it is getting smaller, but after some time, it will grow back again. Now I have it again (which is really frustrating), but the most frustrating part is when I did the sea salt soak and it seemed to have popped on its own. There was this dark red thing formed on the outside and I always assume that it's just dry blood.

I just wanna ask if there are other methods to make it go away faster? And do we still continue the sea salt soak after the bump is gone to ensure that it is fully healed?
    Try leaving it alone for a couple of months, they usually go away on their own eventually.

hi ! so i have a triple forward helix on my right ear , im getting a rook on my left ear very soon . i was also thinking about getting a conch and a tragus in the future , my original idea was getting the tragus on my left ear with my rook because i don't like the way it would look with my triple but i feel like it'll clash with mr rook and not look good . i was also imagining my conch with my rook but i feel like it'll clash with my rook also , that's why i imagine the conch on my right ear . now im really confused and i need opinions , i just want my piercings to look unique and not so messy if you know what i mean , any opinions on placement's :/ ?