Page 1 of 110 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1099

Thread: Ask the Community

  1. #1
    Awesome Admin Hazel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb-2010
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs
    Posts
    32,659

    Default Ask the Community

    This thread is designed for anyone to ask anything about piercings. We have a few professionals who frequent the board and some of the more experienced piercees will also be happy to help you.

    Please look at these thread first and if your question hasn't been answered then post it here.

    A guide on piercing bumps.

    How to choose a piercer

    Why piercing guns are bad

    How to stretch lobe piercings

    Recommended UK piercers
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

    Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network



  2. #2
    Junior Member sixth sense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb-2015
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Hello everyone! I've been reading this forum for quite a while now, but never really made a registration until now...
    Anyways, I've had an eyebrow piercing since November (my very first one, woop!). I wanted to change the starter jewelry and I did somewhere in the end of December, when it was healed (went back to the studio in which I got pierced)... Buut, now I've decided that I want back my starter jewelry.
    Problem is, my only option for a studio right now is about 160km (100 miles) away... I've been trying to change it myself for a few weeks now, but with no success... I can't manage to unscrew the balls, both of them are supposed to unscrew (I asked the studio). I've tried with my bare hands, tissues, normal medical gloves, latex gloves and yesterday with mini pliers. Even tried after taking a hot shower.. No success whatsoever, neither of the balls want to unscrew. :/
    I've been searching around and all tips say to try to latex gloves and what not... Can you guys give me any other tips? The jewelry is just a standard curved bar, nothing special from what I understand...

    Since I can't attach a pic yet (need 10 posts), here's a link - i.imgur.com/lLkwQCE.jpg (you gotta copy it, can't post a link yet either :$ also the bottom hole is a little blue on the pic, was taken just a day after I got the jewelry changed)

  3. #3
    Awesome Admin Hazel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb-2010
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs
    Posts
    32,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sixth sense View Post
    Hello everyone! I've been reading this forum for quite a while now, but never really made a registration until now...
    Anyways, I've had an eyebrow piercing since November (my very first one, woop!). I wanted to change the starter jewelry and I did somewhere in the end of December, when it was healed (went back to the studio in which I got pierced)... Buut, now I've decided that I want back my starter jewelry.
    Problem is, my only option for a studio right now is about 160km (100 miles) away... I've been trying to change it myself for a few weeks now, but with no success... I can't manage to unscrew the balls, both of them are supposed to unscrew (I asked the studio). I've tried with my bare hands, tissues, normal medical gloves, latex gloves and yesterday with mini pliers. Even tried after taking a hot shower.. No success whatsoever, neither of the balls want to unscrew. :/
    I've been searching around and all tips say to try to latex gloves and what not... Can you guys give me any other tips? The jewelry is just a standard curved bar, nothing special from what I understand...

    Since I can't attach a pic yet (need 10 posts), here's a link - i.imgur.com/lLkwQCE.jpg (you gotta copy it, can't post a link yet either :$ also the bottom hole is a little blue on the pic, was taken just a day after I got the jewelry changed)
    Hi sixth sense.

    I honestly am not sure what to say other than keep trying but also make sure that your piercing is ok. Eyebrow piercings take a good 3 months or so to heal and you don't even want to be changing it before then. Maybe see if someone else can get a better grip of it for you.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

    Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network



  4. #4
    Junior Member sixth sense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb-2015
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Hi sixth sense.

    I honestly am not sure what to say other than keep trying but also make sure that your piercing is ok. Eyebrow piercings take a good 3 months or so to heal and you don't even want to be changing it before then. Maybe see if someone else can get a better grip of it for you.
    Hey Hazel, thanks for the reply!

    Piercing is perfectly okay so far, been that way since I got it done and haven't had any problems with it (and hopefully won't have any in the future!). Well, where I got it pierced they said that it's okay to change after 3 to 4 weeks if it looks okay, I waited longer than a month to go back there, they said it's okay and changed the jewelry.

    I do get a good grip on it, but it feels like I'm just twisting the piercing, rather than unscrewing the balls.. It doesn't feel like they unscrew, AT ALL. I've been poking at it every few days for a few minutes, then I just leave it alone for a while so it doesn't get super irritated (new to this, so kinda scared to poke it for more than 10-15 mins, lol). Oh well, I guess I'll ask someone else to try and do it, hopefully I'll get lucky..

  5. #5
    Awesome Admin Hazel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb-2010
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs
    Posts
    32,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sixth sense View Post
    Hey Hazel, thanks for the reply!

    Piercing is perfectly okay so far, been that way since I got it done and haven't had any problems with it (and hopefully won't have any in the future!). Well, where I got it pierced they said that it's okay to change after 3 to 4 weeks if it looks okay, I waited longer than a month to go back there, they said it's okay and changed the jewelry.

    I do get a good grip on it, but it feels like I'm just twisting the piercing, rather than unscrewing the balls.. It doesn't feel like they unscrew, AT ALL. I've been poking at it every few days for a few minutes, then I just leave it alone for a while so it doesn't get super irritated (new to this, so kinda scared to poke it for more than 10-15 mins, lol). Oh well, I guess I'll ask someone else to try and do it, hopefully I'll get lucky..
    Good luck with it!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

    Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network



  6. #6
    dpack_1
    Guest

    Default

    Get a pair of pliers, maybe two sets. They will unscrew if you can apply enough torque.

    I often use two pairs of clamps to loosen jewellery. Also remember heat will make the metal expand and thus harder to unscrew.

  7. #7
    Junior Member sixth sense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb-2015
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Really? I didn't know that tbh. Was searching around the net and some tips said to try unscrewing the balls after a hot shower... lol.
    Anywaaays, after 2 weeks of poking at it - I finally got lucky! I managed to unscrew the top ball!

    Was a little annoying to get the new bar in, kept missing the top hole :$ But the biggest pain in the a$$ was screwing on the new ball, lol. Hands too big....
    Oh well, this is my old jewelry - i.imgur.com/UbAA6Ba.jpg Guess you can't really see from the pic, but I did irritate it quite a bit.... Did a saline solution soak afterwards for a few minutes. Usually it calms down after a few hours, I'll keep an eye on it.

    Thanks for the tips, guys. Appreciate it!

  8. #8
    Awesome Admin Hazel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb-2010
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs
    Posts
    32,659

    Default

    Yay! Perseverance often pays off in these cases!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

    Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network



  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb-2015
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Hello, I have a couple simple questions. I have no piercings right now, actually I've only been pierced once, long time ago. Now I want to get my lobes pierced and want to stretch them, lets say up to 2g maybe 0g. Thing is I want to get double gauges(thats the term right?) one smaller (4g or 2g) and slightly up/out. My question is, can I get both holes pierced in each lobe and then stretch the inner ones first and then the outer ones or do I need to first get the inner ones up to the size I want them before even piercing the second hole? In any case, should I get the inner ones pierced in the very center of the lobe or slightly off centered to make room to the second one? I'll be pierced with 18g needles, yes, I am not getting them pierced by a professional but I am really aware about the safety issues and post-care. This will really help me out a lot, thanks. Some thing like this bodyjewelleryshop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Stretched-Second-Ear-Piercing.jpg (just add the www . before(sorry cannot post pics)

  10. #10
    Senior Member kitebunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov-2010
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    8,726

    Default

    Ideally, if you can stand waiting, you should get the first ones up to your goal size before adding the seconds.
    Depends on how big you want to go and how your ears take to stretching. Either way you'll need to heal the initial piercings, wait six months for the fistula to be well-formed and strong, then start slowly stretching.

    You could get pierced at a higher gauge if you go to a professional though. Is there some reason why you can't? If you're going to plead poverty or impatience then quite frankly stretching is not for you. It's a long, slow business and decent jewellery can be costly.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

    Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •