Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Septum piercing

Default Septum piercing

Hi guys,

I'm new here, first post, no idea what I'm doing, so apologies in advance if I mess this up somehow!

Basically I've wanted a septum piercing for such a long time, so after doing weeks of research I decided to bite the bullet and go for it. I trotted down to my usual place in Colchester and inquired, and the woman told me that it's one of the most painful piercings because they do it through the "knobbly" bit of cartilage! This isn't right surely? I've done so much research - I've read people's experiences, watched videos, looked at photos, and everyone said that if it's through cartilage then in most cases it's wrong. I thought it was done through the "sweet spot", but I just found out that yet another (supposedly) reputable place in Colchester does it through thick cartilage. I also spoke to a friend who had hers done, and she said the exact same thing.

I feel like I'm wrong or just being incredibly stupid! Is it meant to be done through the cartilage?

Also, can anyone recommend a good place in or around the Colchester or general Essex area? I live about 30 minutes away from Colchester town so travelling can be tricky, but I'm desperate!!

I don't live there but my friend had hers done and it was through the sweet spot i believe if its done through the cartilage its done in the wrong place

Good on you for spotting this, some piercers don't even confirm with piercees that they're both on the same page.
    Piercings: 3x Lobe (L), Single Upper Lobe (R), Conch (R), 1.6mm Septum

To do list: Angel Bites, Tongue, Nipples, Navel, Tragus.

You're spot on.

Recommended UK Piercers
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hoo boy, Colchester is the reason I upped my game on understanding piercings myself and not blindly trusting the professional. Some places are truly abhorrent. I ended up going all the way to the Isle of Wight to get pierced!

There's a place in Colchester that my friend swears by but I'm not so sure. There's a place I use in Braintree. It's not stellar (they use PTFE for surface piercings for example) but I've found they're pretty good for 'standard' piercings. I had my faux snug pierced there and they were very professional about it and placement is pretty perfect.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Thanks for your replies guys! I was really worried I was imagining the fact that it's the wrong way to pierce it! :( I went to Colchester Body Arts for my recent piercings (second lobes, helix, rook and tragus) but now I've realised that actually my piercing experiences weren't that great with them, so it doesn't surprise me that they don't do it right. I had a quick look at the recommended UK piercers page and I'm considering going to the one in Ipswich - it's fairly close and my girlfriend knows the area well so that's always a bonus!!

Yay!! Hope it goes great for you
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by IPaintTheSkyPink View Post
    Thanks for your replies guys! I was really worried I was imagining the fact that it's the wrong way to pierce it! :( I went to Colchester Body Arts for my recent piercings (second lobes, helix, rook and tragus) but now I've realised that actually my piercing experiences weren't that great with them, so it doesn't surprise me that they don't do it right. I had a quick look at the recommended UK piercers page and I'm considering going to the one in Ipswich - it's fairly close and my girlfriend knows the area well so that's always a bonus!!
    I went to Preston in Ipswich for my septum and it was a really good experience, I've got my experience on here with pics. Good luck with wherever you go!

https://forum.bodyjewelleryshop.com/...ky!?highlight=
    Current piercings-

Right ear-
    Tragus
    Lobe x3
    industrial

Left ear-
    Conch
    Lobe x3

Nostril

Retired-
    Helix
    Forward helix
    Septum
    Rook
    Navel

3 tattoos

I got it done! I went to see Preston and the whole experience was wonderful, so much better than any other place I've been. It hurt quite a bit more than I was expecting, but the pain went pretty quickly I would post photos but I don't know how :(

Yay! Congrats, septum piercings are awesome I'm looking forward to seeing a pic! (can you post a link to a photo maybe? I'm not sure, I'm new here too )
    A little mayhem never hurt anyone, I'ma gonna get some...

What I Have:
    Left ear: 3 x Lobes, 1 Helix.
    Right Ear: 3 x Lobes.
    Right Nostril
    Navel

What I'm Considering:
    Tragus, Rook, Daith, Triple Forward Helix.
    Eyebrow /Labret /Septum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast