Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: big bad conch bump

Default big bad conch bump

So, I have a bump on my conch. It was pretty large, squishy, and on the back.

After consulting the bump thread, various other resources, and past experience, I dabbed it once with rubbing alcohol and then resumed SSS 3x daily. The first time it oozed out some bloody looking gunk. I have a feeling it is an infection... the bloody gunk looked like pus and I did just have an international flight with icky airplane pillows, so I think I managed to actually get a rare little beaut of an infection.

HOWEVER! Now, two days into it, the bump has gotten hard and pointy. I've never seen that happen so I wanted to make sure that was normal.

I don't have any pics, its the back of my ear so super hard to get. I might be able to get someone to help me but I don't really know these people.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Bumps on conches aren't unusual. I had massive ones on mine for ages. Signs of infection are bad smelling green or brown gunk, the piercing feeling hot, and generally feeling under the weather. What colour is your gunk?
    I would stop the SSS cos that will just irritate it more tbh.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

I am under the weather but I'm also pretty jetlagged. And the gunk was yellowy, red/bloody, ewness. I didn't try to smell it. It was hot but now that's it's gotten all hard and pointy it isn't.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Hmmm a pic would be good. Yelloy gunk sounds like bloody lymph, which isn't an infection. Try and leave it alone as much as possible and keep it clean in the shower
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Most infections in piercings are also extremely painful with a lot of swelling.

If you genuinely think it's infected see a medical professional.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Bumps go pretty hand in hand with ear piercings. I think most of mine have had the bump at some point of another. My conch definitely did; had a lump on the back for months. From what you've described I wouldn't say it massively indicates infection, but I'm not there so I don't really know your symptoms. As Hazel said, get it checked out if you really think it is infected.

How is your jewellery fitting? I kept getting bumps when I needed to downsize my jewellery. Or it could just be that it's irritated from the flight (sleeping putting your head in an unnatural/awkward position for long periods of time).
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Def need to downsize. But I've only had it 6 weeks... worth changing?

Quote Originally Posted by Thehorror View Post
    Def need to downsize. But I've only had it 6 weeks... worth changing?
    Yup.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

You know, it wasn't until I reread that until I realized how dumb a question it was. 6 weeks. Of course I can change it.

FALSE ALARM EVERYBODY

it was a scab

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast