Thread: I have a particularly stubborn bump near nose piercing... Need help!

Exclamation I have a particularly stubborn bump near nose piercing... Need help!

I have had my nose pierced for almost 6 months now, and the entire 6 months have been a constant battle with the dreaded "bump." I am unsure what the bump is, as sometimes it has emerged bright cherry red and sometimes white filled pus (or not filled with pus, just white). I can diminish the bumps appearance or even get it to go away for a while, but it always comes back in the same exact place right next to my piercing. I have used sea salt soaks, tea tree oil, Apple cider vinegar, aspirin paste... Nothing has helped. My current bump is bright white and seems to be almost inflated-looking (I am unsure how to attach a picture as I am on a mobile device :( ). It has happened on numerous occasions where my nose has become so dry the top layer of skin on the bump has actually come off (I live in a desert if this contributes to anything). I know certain types of scarring can be genetic, and my dad gets keloid scars, but I am still unsure if that is actually what I'm dealing with. Does anyone have any idea what these bumps may be, why they are happening so frequently, and what I can do to make them go away? I am concerned my body is simply just rejecting the piercing and I need to remove it, but I won't do it unless I've counted every other option out. Any help/ advice greatly appreciated!

What jewellery do you have in there?
    What is the jewellery made from?
    Does the jewellery fit well?
    Do you play with it/touch it/knock it?

We have a bump thread here you may like to read.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I have a 14 karat gold hoop in right now. I touch it only when cleaning it, and do my best to keep it from getting knocked around. Would a stuf be a better choice? And I'll check out that link, thank you (:

Honestly when I had a massive lump on my nose piercing, it turned into a boil type thing, I pulled the top off it, it oozed everywhere and pussed and bled and after a quick clean to make sure all the gunk was out and the bleeding stopped it scabbed up, fell off and has never come back. Until then I'd tried all of the things you mentioned as well. Probably not the greatest idea but as a very last resort before retiring it, might work?
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Being in no way an authority on this as having never had a nostril piercing or a bump, my best guess would be the jewellery you have in there. Get some good quality titanium in there and ditch the ring - not good for fresh piercings due to movement through the fistula.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Listen to Sarah. The advice is also echoed in the thread I posted.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I also had a bump for six months. I recently changed to a bioplast screw (I can't post links yet, but if you search the shop for 'bioflex nose stud' it will come up) and whilst it's still not fully healed, the bump went within 10 days.