Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My conch diary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My conch diary

I've been procrastinating over getting a conch piercing for too long now, and yesterday I did something about it at last. Gathered up my courage and my cash and headed off to Extreme Needle in London, a bit worried that after my tedious day at work I was turning up on their doorstep a little late on a Friday. Would they be able to see me? I needn’t have worried. I was greeted with a big friendly smile as the woman on the front desk went to see if the piercer could fit in a last straggler. I was in luck, they could!

I was led down a corridor to the piercing studio which was immaculate and really quite beautiful. I was met by my piercer, Raph, who instantly put me at ease and just comes across as a really warm and lovely individual. If you are going to let yourself get stabbed by a stranger, might as well have it done by someone you instantly like.

I’d decided I wanted a 2mm piercing but after being shown the 2.4mm barbell for comparison I knew I wanted that instead. Raph seated me, checked my ear for any problematic veins, discussed what I wanted in detail and was meticulous about marking me up so that we both felt happy with the placement. As she was preparing her equipment she kept chatting about the piercing I was going to have and was a fund of knowledge about piercing in general, of course keeping me entertained meant I wasn’t able to get quite so nervous.

Nevertheless when the time came to stick the needle in I messed up my breathing, so when she told me to breathe in I ended up tensing and holding my breath instead, there was a split second of searing pain and then… nothing much! Ah, that felt good, and the adrenaline had me giggling. Next it was time to put the jewellery in, which hurt soooo much more, and the giggling stopped. A big, throbbing ache set in while I was cleaned up and I realised that this was probably going to be quite a bit more tender than the rook I had done last year.

Next I was shown the piercing – and oh wow, I LOVE it so much! That lovely shiny ball nestling in my ear looks like it was always meant to be. I get shown the back of the ear and it looks beautiful– Raph has done it so that it is angled downwards (not pierced at an angle if that makes sense – it goes through the cartilage square and straight, but exits the back of the ear pointing downwards, can’t explain it very well). I’d had an idea before I got it done that I’d be impatient to wear a ring but I love the barbell and don’t think waiting to change the jewellery will be so terrible.

Next up Raph talks me through the aftercare, gives me the information sheet and tells me not to hesitate to contact her if I have any worries or questions, and it’s time to set off home with my new shiny. As I leave all the staff give me a big grin, admire Raph’s handiwork and wish me a good weekend.

Apologies for the hugeness of the pics and the cruddy bruised rook - had thought rooky was pretty much healed then banged my ear really hard giving someone an enthusiastic hug on their birthday

Day 1
    The dull throbbing pain never really stopped from last night ‘til early this evening. Nurofen took the edge off a bit. But about 24 hours after getting pierced the pain has actually subsided on it’s own and all is comfortable for now. There was a bit of blood this morning around the ball which I couldn’t remove by running the shower on it or by saline soak. I think I’ll have to hope it falls off by its-self as the angle is too awkward and it’s too tender to prod about just yet. Hope it will, it’s a bit unsightly.
    Last edited by ChaseTheLight; 01-19-2015 at 07:00 PM.

Ah I love conch piercings, happy healing! The blood will come off when it's ready, don't worry
    Becky
    Current: 2 sets of lobes, 2 helix, forward helix (l), conch, tragus (r), navel
    Want: helix, daith (l), lobe (r)
    Retired: rook (r)

'You can't plough a field by turning the soil over in your mind.'

Thank you Becky! Yep, I just need to be patient

Ooh looks good, I love rook and conch combos
    Becky
    Current: 2 sets of lobes, 2 helix, forward helix (l), conch, tragus (r), navel
    Want: helix, daith (l), lobe (r)
    Retired: rook (r)

'You can't plough a field by turning the soil over in your mind.'

Absolutely beautiful! Sounds as though your experience was excellent as well. Definitely makes me more keen to get mine done. Happy healing!
    I'm Ebony, nice to meet you.

R: 3 x lobes, nostril, conch, horizontal nipple, forward helix and helix.
    L: 3 x lobes, tragus, nostril, horizontal nipple, flat, and snug.
    C: septum.
    retired: upper navel.

Considering...helix (R), flat (L) VCH, and 2 x nape md's

Tattoos: 4 (7 hours of work)

Unusual angle! Happy healing!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

What I would give to turn back time and get my first conch at 2mm. Looks fab well done!
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesargent View Post
    Definitely makes me more keen to get mine done. Happy healing!
    Ebony, DO IT! Though I see you also have a Daith on your wants list. Oh, I'd have loved a Daith, but I have hardly any tissue to pierce...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Unusual angle! Happy healing!
    Thanks Hazel! I really like the angle, I'm a cyclist and having it this way means less chance of it catching on my helmet straps - haven't cycled since I got it done, but will be on my bike tonight so we'll see how it goes. Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mints View Post
    Ooh looks good, I love rook and conch combos
    Thank you Becky, I am really happy with how it looks among my other piercings. It just seems to pull the whole look together!

Quote Originally Posted by CenturyChild View Post
    What I would give to turn back time and get my first conch at 2mm. Looks fab well done!
    Thank you v much Grace! I went for the 2.5mm in the end after seeing how nice that size barbell looked and am so glad I did, 'cause like you say you can't turn it back if you wish you'd gone bigger. * EDIT*... ahem, that's 2.4mm I meant, 'scuse my foolishness

I know it would mean re-healing all over again, and sorry if this is a really stupid question (I am new to cartilage piercing and not very knowledgeable) but is there any way to have an existing hole re-pierced at a larger size? Bet you are rocking your conch just as it is tho!
    Last edited by ChaseTheLight; 01-19-2015 at 07:03 PM. Reason: merged posts

Day 2

Painful on waking and noticed that it is swollen and bruised at the back. Looks clean and healthy at the front though, and the bit of blood around the front ball has come off. Nurofen takes care of the pain, and even after it wears off, the pain is pretty much gone apart from the odd mild twinge. Because pain isn't a constant reminder now, I've knocked it a couple of times... ow! Had to go out on my bike this evening and decided against wearing a helmet while the piercing is so fresh, don't want to have my attention taken off the road if I move my head and knock it. Blimey, the freezing night air as I whizzed along hurt more than enough! Have just been rinsing it in the shower and doing a sss in the evening and it looks pretty healthy so far.
    Left ear:x3 lobes
    Right ear: x3 lobes, rook and conch
    Retired: right ear helix
    Want: rook and conch in left ear

Glad it is going so well
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.