Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: GUIDE - Piercing bumps

Hi there,

I have got my bell piercing done at the beginning of June and I have a dark bump around my top hole of the piercing. I don't understand what type of bump is. I also made a thread under healing/aftercare section but no one has answered yet. Could you please advise me about it please?

Thanks in advance

Hi. I got my nose pierced a little over 9 weeks ago and have probably had the bump for 4-6weeks. Since I'm not prone to keloids I'm assuming it is not that but unlike the first one you described, it doesn't bleed.

It's a small bump about a shade darker than my skin. It's hard to the touch and looks fluid filled. I've tried aspirin paste. I have been using tea tree oil and sss for the past week but nothing seems to be working to remove the bump. What else can I do or am I being impatient.

Please help

Quote Originally Posted by Sivu View Post
    Hi. I got my nose pierced a little over 9 weeks ago and have probably had the bump for 4-6weeks. Since I'm not prone to keloids I'm assuming it is not that but unlike the first one you described, it doesn't bleed.

It's a small bump about a shade darker than my skin. It's hard to the touch and looks fluid filled. I've tried aspirin paste. I have been using tea tree oil and sss for the past week but nothing seems to be working to remove the bump. What else can I do or am I being impatient.

Please help
    Try leaving it alone.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi there,

I had my lip pierced about 3 weeks ago and I had a bit of trouble with a bump on the outside but I've managed to get rid of it. Now I've got this bump on the inside in addition to a flap of skin. The bump was bigger about 3 days ago but now it's not so bad but the flap of skin is still the same size. The flap of skin is quite hard too. A picture:

i.imgur.com/dWG9Uxv.jpg

It doesn't look like any of the bumps that are on the first comment of this thread. I clean it with sea salt solution and I do this when I get up, when I go to bed and after every meal. There's no pus or pain, it's just annoying as hell. I can't get to a piercer right now so just wondering if anyone here can help before I can get there.

I'm suspecting the bar is too small. I've had lip piercings in the past and none of them did this - the bar also stuck out quite considerably but this one doesn't stick out at all. I also have a nickel allergy - could it possibly be poor quality jewellery? I did say when I had it done that I have an allergy to nickel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by dgirllamius; 12-07-2016 at 11:18 AM.

If it's not implant grade titanium then it could be an allergic reaction. Could be too long or short.

Neither of those things are known to anyone but your piercer.

Hope it goes well!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi there - first timer on these forums. Does anyone know whether using massage to reduce scar tissue in your earlobes can actually make it worse?

I retired my gunned piercings (pierced nearly 20 years ago) in April and have been massaging with jojoba oil as I want to get rid of the scar tissue. When I massage, it feels as though the scar tissue is reducing in size, but the next day it seems bigger again and now I seem to have rough skin on the outside of the back of my right piercing hole. I'm worried that the friction from the massage is causing the scar tissue to increase instead of decrease, though I don't know if that's even possible on a piercing healed for nearly two decades.

Can anyone advise? Should I keep massaging or not? Has anyone else experienced scar tissue that feels smaller after massage but then seems to get bigger again?

Massage should help but if you have been doing it consistently for 6 months and they're not getting smaller then it's best to go and see an excellent modification artist.

Hello everyone!
    I had my nipples pierced 4 and a half months ago. They were healing fine with absolutely no issues until about a week ago. There's now a small pink bump that looks exactly like a pimple under the left side of the bar on my right nipple. It looks to be filled with lymph or something like that, but it isn't draining. I'm wondering what I can do to get rid of it, and hopefully keep it away. Thanks!
    Current
    Lobe x6, Nipple x2, Navel, Cartilage x2, Tongue Web
    Want
    Rook, Daith, Conch, Nose, Forward Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Amber12 View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I had my nipples pierced 4 and a half months ago. They were healing fine with absolutely no issues until about a week ago. There's now a small pink bump that looks exactly like a pimple under the left side of the bar on my right nipple. It looks to be filled with lymph or something like that, but it isn't draining. I'm wondering what I can do to get rid of it, and hopefully keep it away. Thanks!
    Hot compresses may help but I'd go see your piercer if you're concerned.

Hey guys. Joined here as you seem to know everything about piercings and I'm completely at a loss as to what to do. I had my tragus done a year and a half ago (yup a whole year and a half ago) and I've still got a sodding irritating bump. It basically goes crusty, crust falls off, goes red, then crusty again etc etc. As per advice from the piercer I LITHA but after a year I tried salt water soaks, chamomile tea bags etc.

ive completely had enough of it as it looks so disgusting I cover it up with my hair but after so long I don't want to take it out.... I've been back to the piercer who fitted me with a longer bar about 9 months ago but it's made no difference... (titanium bar)

So my question is if I change the top (I've currently got a little diamanté thing) to something flatter might this help? Or should I change the bar completely - is it even ok for me to change the bar (thinking after a year and a half the bump will hurt but the piercing should be ok? OR should I just remove the damn thing and be done with trying to save it???

Any help massively appreciated!!