Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 130

Thread: GUIDE - Piercing bumps

  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov-2015
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Thanks for this guide!

  2. #42

    Default

    Really helpful guide, thank you!

    I got my nose pierced 6-7 weeks ago and it was perfect for the first 4 weeks or so. Since then I seem to be in a cycle of getting a spot next to the hole. It doesn't hurt and it's not infected (when it does come out it's clear) - I have an oily nose so sure it's just a build up of fluid that is having trouble finding somewhere to go.. Looking at above, pretty sure it's a granuloma as it does fill with a bit of blood also when the clear fluid drains.

    I'm just wondering how jewellery choices may be affecting this. I had it pierced with bioflex (piercer convinced me of shorter healing times...). I'm just wondering if it's a good idea to change to titanium as from what I've read it's better for healing piercings. I seem to be able to find plenty about switching from something else to bioflex but not bioflex to titanium! Obviously it's still a new piercing and if not for the granuloma I'd leave it in for at least another month but then if it is a potential cause of the irritation, perhaps worth the switch?!

    I am just looking for a second opinion as my piercer was the one that convinced me to use bioflex in the first place..

    Thanks all

    Lu

  3. #43
    Senior Member MrsLoveLace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul-2015
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatludini View Post
    Really helpful guide, thank you!

    I got my nose pierced 6-7 weeks ago and it was perfect for the first 4 weeks or so. Since then I seem to be in a cycle of getting a spot next to the hole. It doesn't hurt and it's not infected (when it does come out it's clear) - I have an oily nose so sure it's just a build up of fluid that is having trouble finding somewhere to go.. Looking at above, pretty sure it's a granuloma as it does fill with a bit of blood also when the clear fluid drains.

    I'm just wondering how jewellery choices may be affecting this. I had it pierced with bioflex (piercer convinced me of shorter healing times...). I'm just wondering if it's a good idea to change to titanium as from what I've read it's better for healing piercings. I seem to be able to find plenty about switching from something else to bioflex but not bioflex to titanium! Obviously it's still a new piercing and if not for the granuloma I'd leave it in for at least another month but then if it is a potential cause of the irritation, perhaps worth the switch?!

    I am just looking for a second opinion as my piercer was the one that convinced me to use bioflex in the first place..

    Thanks all

    Lu
    Someone else will know more about this but as far as I know, Bioflex is a bad idea to be pierced with. There are different grades of it but the best option would be implant grade titanium. It sounds like your nose is irritated to me by the Bioflex. If it was me, I'd get it changed asap to the titanium. Find a piercer that will do this for you. Hopefully they'll stock Industrial Strength, Neometal and Anatometal as these are high end pieces. That's what I've had used in my piercings and I've had no issues with it at all. It's lovely jewellery.

    As I say, others know more about it than I do but I would definitely get that changed as soon as I could. Good luck and happy healing
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.


  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLoveLace View Post
    Someone else will know more about this but as far as I know, Bioflex is a bad idea to be pierced with. There are different grades of it but the best option would be implant grade titanium. It sounds like your nose is irritated to me by the Bioflex. If it was me, I'd get it changed asap to the titanium. Find a piercer that will do this for you. Hopefully they'll stock Industrial Strength, Neometal and Anatometal as these are high end pieces. That's what I've had used in my piercings and I've had no issues with it at all. It's lovely jewellery.

    As I say, others know more about it than I do but I would definitely get that changed as soon as I could. Good luck and happy healing
    Thanks MrsLoveLace - looks like I need to find a better piercer! I found out on their website that they actually offer ear piercings with a gun. Argh!

  5. #45
    Senior Member MrsLoveLace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul-2015
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatludini View Post
    Thanks MrsLoveLace - looks like I need to find a better piercer! I found out on their website that they actually offer ear piercings with a gun. Argh!
    At least you now know TGL and you're researching to find somewhere better. That's always a good thing From what I can gather, any form of plastic is normally only worn temporarily and obviously a new piercing is healing for months. Implant grade titanium is what should be used. If it's gold, it has to be 18 carat gold I believe. Hopefully Hazel here will verify that for me.

    My helix piercings were done at a place that was okay, but after coming here, I realised it wasn't sterile enough so thankfully I found a great piercer on the recommended list here. If you're in England, take a look at the list here.. https://forum.bodyjewelleryshop.com/...ed-UK-Piercers I travel about 15 miles to get to my piercer. Believe me, if you have to travel for a good one, it's worth it. Let us know how you get on and if you need any help, just ask on the forum as some of the guys here have a wealth of knowledge
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.


  6. #46
    Awesome Admin Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb-2010
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs
    Posts
    33,019

    Default

    Considering no one knows what bio flex is made from it ideally shouldn't be used as initial jewellery. Implant grade titanium (doesn't have to be a brand name) is fine as is PTFE or 14k or 18k solid gold.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<



  7. #47

    Default

    Thanks both - so great to have your advice! I will get it changed asap and let you know how I get on. The bump does seem to be drying into a scab now so fingers crossed!

    have a great Sunday

  8. #48

    Default

    Hello again

    I had my jewellery swapped out and it seems less angry now, although I've still got the bump. It's got a definite lifecycle - starts off like a granuloma (small and red) then grows and goes more skin coloured (like hypertrophic scar) and eventually fills with a clear/white fluid. That drains after a few days and then it gradually shrinks and goes back to the beginning. Is this normal?

    Im just doing camomile salt soaks twice a day at the moment to try not to anger it. It's definitely better with than without (did try letting salt water run over it so I didn't have to touch near the jewellery but that make it worse). To be honest I don't mind too much for now but I'd like to think it'll settle down and stop doing it eventually! It's only 2 months so far so I guess I have to wait another 2-4 to see
    Last edited by thegreatludini; 02-26-2016 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Typo

  9. #49
    Senior Member MrsLoveLace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul-2015
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatludini View Post
    Hello again

    I had my jewellery swapped out and it seems less angry now, although I've still got the bump. It's got a definite lifecycle - starts off like a granuloma (small and red) then grows and goes more skin coloured (like hypertrophic scar) and eventually fills with a clear/white fluid. That drains after a few days and then it gradually shrinks and goes back to the beginning. Is this normal?

    Im just doing camomile salt soaks twice a day at the moment to try not to anger it. It's definitely better with than without (did try letting salt water run over it so I didn't have to touch near the jewellery but that make it worse). To be honest I don't mind too much for now but I'd like to think it'll settle down and stop doing it eventually! It's only 2 months so far so I guess I have to wait another 2-4 to see
    Did you get implant grade titanium as a replacement? If so, then hopefully it will continue to be less angry and eventually heal up
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.


  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLoveLace View Post
    Did you get implant grade titanium as a replacement? If so, then hopefully it will continue to be less angry and eventually heal up
    hi, yes I did! At the moment it seems to be getting calmer by the day so fingers crossed it stays down

    thanks again for your help!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •