Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: GUIDE - Piercing bumps

A good way to stop a keliod from growing and reduce it is taking BC powder (Its aspirin, you can find it in the medicine aisle) and making it into a paste to apply to the keliod. It burns like hell but works.
    Current piercings: Horizontal nipple (both), double vertical labret

Future piercings: Dimples, medusa, nostril (both sides), belly button, industrial, tragus, daith

Future body mods: Ear pointing

Tattoos (so far): semicolon butterfly and neo traditional rose

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

*fingers crossed* but I have not had any sort of bumps form on/around my piercings
    ~~Piercings~~
    Nose (both sides)

~~Want~~
    Rook to Anti-tragus Industrial
    Septum

Hi all,

New to the site and looking for some advice on a fairly new piercing I have, please.
    I had my helix and forward helix both pierced on my left ear. I had them done at the same, at the same place and both with needles.
    I was cleaning them both twice a day with salt water and cotton buds. The helix is healing beautifully, and although I don't think it's fully healed inside, I've stopped cleaning it have just left it alone. No problems at all.
    However, my forward helix has developed a lump by the hole at the front. I'll try to upload a picture. It's not sore and it doesn't itch. It occasionally weeps with a little​ but with clear or a creamy white liquid. Not excessively.
    Just want to know if anyone has any advice on what to do with it? I stopped cleaning it altogether for two weeks but it's still there?
    I don't understand where I've gone wrong cause I've treated both piercings exactly the same and one seems to have healed well, whereas the other seems to be struggling lol. They've been pierced for 7 weeks this Saturday.
    Thank You in advance!😊😊

7 weeks is super early days and bumps are extremely common. Try hot compresses but the main thing is patience.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    7 weeks is super early days and bumps are extremely common. Try hot compresses but the main thing is patience.
    Oh brilliant. Thank you. I have started to do hot chamomile compresses, every other day. Do you advise I carry on or just use hot salt water?

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it. And I know I'm a very impatient person lol. I'll have to learn to have some lol! ��

Chamomile is great. You're more than welcome.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Hi I'm new here
    I got my nose pierced in February last year, and ever since i've had this often bump which keeps coming and going. My piercer initially told me it would be healed within six weeks (the piercing when i first got it done) so after this amount of time i tried to swap it because i thought it was healed. it bled everywhere and i had to get another stud put in. The bump appeared a few times then, then it went. i got the stud changed to a ring but the ring was way too thick for my nose , the bump appeared once more, so i got it changed to a thinner stud. the stud kept hanging out below my nose (it was too long) but i dealt with it. the bump kept reappearing so i decided that it was the jewelery, and got a 9k or 14k white gold hoop. ever since i've had this hoop, (january this year) a pus filled bump now never seems to go away. it goes down, bursts on its own, a scab appears, the scab falls off, it comes back. before, it would come and go like, monthly. but there was only pus sometimes. sorry that is a really long story, but i'm so sick of this constant ugly bump and i'm very close to ripping the nose ring out (though i know that wont do any good)

to clean my piercing, i have always used sea salt soaks 1-3 times a day, depending on how bad the bump is or how pus-y it is. i have once used tea tree oil , and once aspirin but that seemed to worsen it. the chamomile soak didnt really do much.
    last week it was completely pus-filled, then it went down a bit but there is still a red bump. today its a little bigger than yesterday, and it looks like it is getting pus-y again. i also have a bad cold right now so maybe that's making it worse.
    should i change the jewlery again? i don't know what it is. should i just continue with the SSS's? i'm so sick of this

sorry again for the length of this!!
    thank you

Hello! I'm new here and new to piercings in general and I have several questions I'm sorry there is such a long story before my questions, I'm just new to this and you can't see my face so I just want to be as accurate as possible in the description.

I got my nostril pierced 4 months and a week ago with a needle, and got a surgical steel screw that is 1mm thick placed in it. About two weeks in I noticed that the hole borders are just a tiny tiny bit raised but it didn't look like a hypertropic scar or anything and the ball of the screw was placed diagonally so I thought maybe it's part of the healing and just left it alone and kept doing sss for about a month and a half after getting it and washing my face with just dr bronners organic soap to not get any color and smell chemicals in the hole. It was clean and healing and I didn't seem to have any trouble with it.
    Last week I thought it would be ok to change to an open end hoop.. That was clearly a big mistake because I had some trouble putting the hoop in from the inside out and kind of injured the outside skin so now I have "The" hypergranulation bump, that does the whole being red and flashy, scab, scab falls off, red and fleshy. I tried sss two times a day for a week and it didn't matter to it at all, so after reading this thread I decided to leave it alone for a while. I also went and bought some Titanium screws from your shop (which I assume are surgical grade, as you recommend in this forum ) and now I'm waiting to get them so I can switch the ring.

So my first question is: Should I put a smaller size screw in so it will heal better? Will putting a smaller size screw make the hole smaller (0.8 mm thick) and then I wouldn't be able to fit anything bigger in it?

And the second question is: When I came to the salon (That I got recommendations on), being new to this whole thing, I asked the piercer to try and pierce the hole as straight as possible so I would have less trouble changing the jewelry.She agreed, of course, but then she started straight, got some resistance for a couple of seconds, got scared or something, and then just went straight down, thru the inside skin... so my hole probably looks something like this now: --\ When I got home from getting the piercing, I noticed in the mirror, that the "in" hole is not aligned with the "out" hole but I figured it might be ok on the inside and just be straight diagonally.. But I think it isn't straight in the least. It was really really hard for me to put the hoop in.. It didn't hurt but I did injure the outside skin when I was trying to get it all the way thru and got the hypergranulation because of it.. Is it possible to "fix" a crooked piercing hole? Or if I want it "fixed" I need to take this one out and have a new one pierced when it's healed?

Thank you so much for your patience to anybody who has read the whole thing!

Implant grade titanium is the right metal to have in your piercing. I do not know the grade of titanium sold by BJS. I suggest you ask if it is ASTM F-136 which is implant grade. Anything else will not be implant grade.

Do not put a smaller gauge in, it will make no difference to healing.

Go see another piercer for an evaluation to the placement. Nostril piercings should be done at a 90 degree angle to the area pierced. Although they are a popular piercing they require quite a lot of knowledge and anatomical study to get correct. If the angle is poor then it will have to be removed, left to heal and repierced. Nothing can be "fixed" once it is pierced.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

THIS THREAD IS NOW BEING CLOSED AS IT IS BEING USED TO ASK QUESTIONS ONLY.

PLEASE POST QUESTIONS ON THE "
    ASK THE COMMUNITY" THREAD.

Thanks

~Admin~

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213