Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: GUIDE - How to Stretch a Lobe Piercing and FAQs

Good advice about not stretching too quickly!

This is really useful. I think more people need to be educated on stretching before they do it.

A little advice please
    For a long time now I've kept my firsts either empty, or just worn standard silver posts. I'd like to stretch them slightly, but when I try and insert my 1mm labrets they meet a lot of resistance and start to sting a bit so I won't push it.
    What should I be doing to loosen them up a bit? This is such an early stretch it doesn't bode well for future ones if they're being so reluctant D:

Edit; I'm an idiot,.. just checked back over my order history and the labrets I was trying were 1.2mm >_<
    Tried another set that are actually 1mm and they popped right in no problems.

Question still stands though please They're obvious not overly stretchy,.. would daily massaging help loosen them up?
    Last edited by ~Nox~; 03-12-2016 at 09:02 PM.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nox~ View Post
    A little advice please
    For a long time now I've kept my firsts either empty, or just worn standard silver posts. I'd like to stretch them slightly, but when I try and insert my 1mm labrets they meet a lot of resistance and start to sting a bit so I won't push it.
    What should I be doing to loosen them up a bit? This is such an early stretch it doesn't bode well for future ones if they're being so reluctant D:

Edit; I'm an idiot,.. just checked back over my order history and the labrets I was trying were 1.2mm >_<
    Tried another set that are actually 1mm and they popped right in no problems.

Question still stands though please They're obvious not overly stretchy,.. would daily massaging help loosen them up?
    Just follow the guide, clean daily and massage 1-2 times a day.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Just follow the guide, clean daily and massage 1-2 times a day.
    Ya was planning on it, tis a good guide!!
    I thought the main reason for massaging was to break down scar tissue, but it's good to know that it should help them loosen up a bit too, thank you!

My lobes seem to enjoy jojoba oil (not that it matters but any clue if this is pronounced with the J's as normal, or like H's?) so I'll do proper massages from now
    Last edited by ~Nox~; 03-13-2016 at 12:40 PM.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Yeah any massaging helps them loosen overall. As for jojoba, no idea but I always say ho-ho-ba lol
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi,
    Sorry i know you've answered like a million questions already but i just wanted to double double confirm i was doing the right thing.....
    I had stretched my left ear to 3.2mm, very slowly. Inlcuding 3mm to 3.2mm cause i following this guide to a t!!! I'm really not after after any damage, so when i failed to get to 4mm withough feeling like i would be forcing it too much i stopped. That was 3 times. On the 4th occaison my taper went in fine. Uncomfortable but nt painful, it felt like all the other steps.
    The next day unfortunately the hole was angry, my lobe was swollen and it was weeping a little.
    So i dropped back to 3.2mm (after cleaning obviously), but my 3.2mm plug keeps falling out like it's too loose. So i have been wearing a 3.2mm claw type piece of jewellery as it sits in fine and lets my ear breath.
    I'm hoping with proper cleaning and care i haven't done too much damage and can try again in the recommended 4-6 weeks......
    Have i missed anything??? Thank you so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RLYONS View Post
    Hi,
    Sorry i know you've answered like a million questions already but i just wanted to double double confirm i was doing the right thing.....
    I had stretched my left ear to 3.2mm, very slowly. Inlcuding 3mm to 3.2mm cause i following this guide to a t!!! I'm really not after after any damage, so when i failed to get to 4mm withough feeling like i would be forcing it too much i stopped. That was 3 times. On the 4th occaison my taper went in fine. Uncomfortable but nt painful, it felt like all the other steps.
    The next day unfortunately the hole was angry, my lobe was swollen and it was weeping a little.
    So i dropped back to 3.2mm (after cleaning obviously), but my 3.2mm plug keeps falling out like it's too loose. So i have been wearing a 3.2mm claw type piece of jewellery as it sits in fine and lets my ear breath.
    I'm hoping with proper cleaning and care i haven't done too much damage and can try again in the recommended 4-6 weeks......
    Have i missed anything??? Thank you so much!!!
    Are you wearing high quality plugs when you stretch?

I thought i was?? Do you think this could be the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by RLYONS View Post
    I thought i was?? Do you think this could be the issue?
    Well, low quality plugs (acrylic, steel etc) can cause irritation.