Thread: How to heal removed piercing

Default How to heal removed piercing

After a year's worth of struggles, I've decided to remove my triple heix piercing. I need advice on how to have my ear heal with minimal scarring. Any advice is appreciated.

Do one final SSS, rinse it in the shower and leave it alone to heal. Just follow normal bodily hygiene.

When it's healed, any scarring can be minimised by massaging with a natural oil eg jojoba, coconut, emu oil, vitamin E oil, etc etc.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Do I keep any neosporin on it to aid in the healing process?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinator View Post
    Do I keep any neosporin on it to aid in the healing process?
    No, your body does a great job healing itself.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Not to hijack this, but question: if you remove a piercing then decide you want it again, is it best to get it re-pierced in the exact same place or "over" a bit? Hopefully this makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by shaananigans View Post
    Not to hijack this, but question: if you remove a piercing then decide you want it again, is it best to get it re-pierced in the exact same place or "over" a bit? Hopefully this makes sense...
    Depends on how the original heals, amount of scar tissue left over etc
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

The only repierce I've has was in the same place (it was actually under/deeper, but has essentially migrated back into the position of the first piercing). As Hazel said depends on how well you heal, how much damage was there in the first place, anatomy, etc. Your piercer would be able to assess you. =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos