Thread: Banana-bell possible usage elsewhere?

Default Banana-bell possible usage elsewhere?

It's been a long time since I saw a banana bell or standard belly button-type ring in person, and I seem to have a much harder time finding eyebrow jewelry, but I remembered how ridiculously popular belly button piercings are, considering even people who aren't into piercings somehow think it's totally different or something, and considering they're easier to take the pain with (I assume). I also noticed how much cool jewelry there is online for the navel, and I was just wondering, would most or a lot of them have possible usage as eyebrow rings, too? From pictures, it seems like they totally could. I was worried about the size being much too off though, so would really appreciate any comments/advice on the subject. It'd be extremely helpful & awesome. ^_^

Oh and I know, there's plenty that would never work due to dangling things etc., so you don't need to waste time mentioning that

Curved bars work in many many piercing locations.
    Navel style bars (where the bottom ball is larger than the top) also work in some places, I have one in my VCH for example. It's all down to anatomy and personal preference, plus using a size that fits obviously.

If you want to wear a "bellybutton bar" in your eyebrow or anywhere else, go right ahead, as long as it's a suitable size (length and gauge) for the piercing you have.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Yeah, sorry, I know that much, it's not that I wasn't sure if it was possible. Maybe if I rephrased it? I more want to know if the standard banana-bell would work, or if it might be too big/bulky? I know there are many kinds of different navel jewelry, but the common & basic ones, are they a similar size to eyebrow rings, or are they way bigger? I can't get to a shop to check them out in person unfortunately, so I can't just find out by seeing some. Sometimes I really wish they'd put body jewelry into a comparison-type photo in one of the product photos, everywhere online. Seeing whatever it is next to a quarter, or something else really common (since currency is different everywhere) would help so much more than either giving me no info or just saying the exact dimension. I don't want to waste money on a belly button ring, if I find out it's gonna be useless as an eyebrow ring. Otherwise I'd probably just go ahead and order one to find out..... though it's starting to seem like that might end up being the best thing to do at this point. Thanks though

I have a 16g 8mm curved eyebrow bar in my belly.
    A standard "belly ring" is usually a 14g curved bar between 8-12mm long and often has a 5-6mm ball on the bottom and a 3-4 mm ball on top.
    Curved barbells are all "the same" if you look at the dimensions it'll tell you what you're looking at.
    So I think your average "eyebrow ring" is about 10mm at 16g with equal sized balls, probably 4mm, at both ends.
    Plus you can buy the balls/cones/dice/etc separately these days, so if you have a bar you like with balls you don't, I'm betting you can buy other balls to fit it if you know what size the bar you have is.
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceOctopus View Post
    Yeah, sorry, I know that much, it's not that I wasn't sure if it was possible. Maybe if I rephrased it? I more want to know if the standard banana-bell would work, or if it might be too big/bulky? I know there are many kinds of different navel jewelry, but the common & basic ones, are they a similar size to eyebrow rings, or are they way bigger? I can't get to a shop to check them out in person unfortunately, so I can't just find out by seeing some. Sometimes I really wish they'd put body jewelry into a comparison-type photo in one of the product photos, everywhere online. Seeing whatever it is next to a quarter, or something else really common (since currency is different everywhere) would help so much more than either giving me no info or just saying the exact dimension. I don't want to waste money on a belly button ring, if I find out it's gonna be useless as an eyebrow ring. Otherwise I'd probably just go ahead and order one to find out..... though it's starting to seem like that might end up being the best thing to do at this point. Thanks though
    OK I think we were talking at cross-purposes there
    What you want to know is if a "standard bellybutton bar" would fit in a "standard eyebrow piercing", right?
    Well the short answer to that is no - because a standard navel bar is 1.6mm (14ga) and a standard eyebrow bar is 1.2mm (16ga). The standard lengths are probably different too.

What you need to do is shop for jewellery by type, shape and sizes. Not body parts. Body parts are not standard so why would piercings be?
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

If you want to be guaranteed to have a piece that fits well just go to a piercer, get them to fit you with something and ask what the gauge/length etc is.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

The 'eyebrow bar' that I wear (in my rook) is 1.2x8mm. My navel bars tend to be 1.6x12mm (I actually wear shorter length bars, but 'standard' size seems to be 12mm). I would say no, a 'navel bar' isn't going to fit into a 'standard' eyebrow piercing.

As has been said; jewellery isn't really defined by body parts, but by size. As in, I can, and have, wear a 'navel bar' in a lobe piercing, as I cam wear up to 1.6mm in them, but my cartilage piercings are all 1.2mm, so wouldn't fit a 'navel bar'.

Really, the best thing to do is find out what size jewellery you need and buy by size, not placement.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    The 'eyebrow bar' that I wear (in my rook) is 1.2x8mm. My navel bars tend to be 1.6x12mm (I actually wear shorter length bars, but 'standard' size seems to be 12mm). I would say no, a 'navel bar' isn't going to fit into a 'standard' eyebrow piercing.

As has been said; jewellery isn't really defined by body parts, but by size. As in, I can, and have, wear a 'navel bar' in a lobe piercing, as I cam wear up to 1.6mm in them, but my cartilage piercings are all 1.2mm, so wouldn't fit a 'navel bar'.

Really, the best thing to do is find out what size jewellery you need and buy by size, not placement.

Yes, I know this. I am aware that jewelry is not specific to body parts, my point was that there are a lot more options available when shopping online if you look for belly button rings or the like, and upon looking for eyebrow rings, there's such a small amount of them that it is disappointing. This isn't a matter of not knowing about jewelry placement, so much as it is a matter of searching tactics to find what I am looking for. I've spent a long time looking online at stuff, it's just that I haven't come across anything yet that I like or find worth it, whereas there are thousands of options for me if I broaden my search by including banana-bell or other navel rings. I have tried measuring things, but my question was pretty simple anyways. I just wanted to know if the standard banana-bell
    (the most common size), would be too long or bulky in an eyebrow. I can't go to a store, I have agoraphobia(so going anywhere is out of the question) & seeing one in person would probably be the only other way for me to figure this out. As I said in the post, going to a piercer or a shop is not an option for me.

Anyways, I think Firedrake answered my question best, and it really helped.

Thanks to everyone for the input. I suppose we could consider this closed?

Done
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<