Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New years resolutions

Default New years resolutions

So it is pretty much 2015 now and I thought it would be interesting if people shared their new years resolutions .
    Mine is to get my driving licence!
    Piercings (some retired) - Septum, nose, double eyebrow, left tragus, left nipple, lip, rook, left lobe and multiple cartalidge.
    - Tattoo of a fantasy style sword on my calf
    - Raven perched on pocket watch tattoo on my right arm
    - Evil skeletal jester on the other calf
    Here's to love, the sickness
    The great martyr of the soul
    Here's to life, the vice
    The great herald of misery

I dont really think we should have a specific day where we change something about ourselves or our surroundings, if we know we want to change it, why wait till the 1st Jan to do it?

Anywho, I suppose its sort of a resolution, I want to spend time crocheting teddies and such like to take to my locals women's refuge for the kiddies
    Emzii

current:
    lobes x 2 each (1 x 4mm)
    tongue
    Navel
    Outer Conch
    Septum

retired:
    scaffold
    8mm lobe
    sternum md
    left labret
    navel
    stomach surface x2
    Nostril x2
    right labret

tattoos:
    several! ask me..

Quote Originally Posted by Emzyminx View Post
    I dont really think we should have a specific day where we change something about ourselves or our surroundings, if we know we want to change it, why wait till the 1st Jan to do it?
    Aha this!

I saw a post the other day that instead of a what do you want to change in the new year it was a what have you achieved this year. I much prefer that. We're all so into what we want to do that we forget what we've done.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

I think it's pretty cool to make new year's resolutions- it's a new year, a fresh start, it makes sense to try and psyche yourself into being creative/ productive Lyssa, what you said is also cool, making a list of what you've achieved, I'll do that!

Okay, new year's resolutions for 2015:
    -Somehow get a car
    -Travel abroad at least once
    -Not fail all my classes at uni
    -Keep drawing and hopefully improve
    -Get a tattoo at last!!
    -More piercings
    -And the most important one... do an 1,000 piece puzzle
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

I like New Years resolutions - I like giving myself aims

I think mine are
    - to get into second year with at least a 2:1 - to be less self depreciating (I'm trying so hard with this)
    - to face my fears
    - to try and be healthier - eating better food, exercising etc.
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

I don't make them, I have life goals instead. I've written articles on why resolutions aren't always a good idea and why they aren't achieved most of the time and go by what I say in them as well
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Mine are:

1. Eat healthier - this includes eating more fruit, using less salt and eating chips a lot less often at college.

2. Drink a lot less fizzy drinks.

3. Exercise more.

4. Study a lot more! I want straight A*s in my three A2 subjects and an A in the extra AS I picked up this year, so I better start working hard.

5. Be more organised with my college work. It's kind of embarrassing how often I ask some of my friends if we have homework. My mum bought my a diary so I can keep track of homework and stuff, and I plan to actually use it this year (she bought me one last year but I kind of forgot to use it... oops).

6. Tidy my room and keep it that way so I can find my stuff more easily.

7. Finally stop procrastinating... This has been on my last of resolutions for years but, well, I keep putting it off.

8. Take better care of my hair and skin.

9. Stop picking my nails.

10. Read more. I'm determined to complete the 50 books challenge in 2015.

11. Do more creative writing and hopefully get one book at least half finished.

12. Get more piercings! (I always like to have this resolution because I'll always manage to do it, so I won't feel as bad about my lack of self-improvement if I don't do any of the others xD)

13. Go to bed earlier when I have college tomorrow. Also, reduce the amount of times I stay up and then get up really late in weekends.

14. I've noticed this year that I often get really upset, stressed and/or worked up over little things that don't matter much, so I'd like to stop that. I'm not sure how, but I'll try. And I'd just like to try and relax more in general. I know I'll probably be stressed a lot in 2015 because I'll be doing my second year of A Levels and starting university, but I'd like to get less stressed about things and try to enjoy life more.

15. Practise singing more and maybe record myself a few times. I keep saying I'll do it but I never get round to it.

16. Try to get out of my comfort zone more. I've done a few things like that this year, but I'd like to continue and challenge myself more next year.

17. Stop wasting so much time browsing the internet aimlessly.

18. This one is quite embarrassing, but I want to stop playing Freecell and Solitaire on my laptop. I don't even enjoy playing them, but I keep getting addicted and wasting lots of time playing them.

19. Stop relying on other people for reassurance and try to trust my own judgement and thoughts.

20. Stick to what I say I'm going to do rather than not doing things just because I can't be bothered.

Looks like 2015 is going to be a busy year for me.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Well I don't really have resolutions, but I have a few goals this year.

1. I aim to save another $10k by next Dec
    2. I've enrolled in uni so I want to at least pass my units
    3. Continue to cut carbs and sugar out of my diet as much as I can

Edit: Also, more piercings and to at least finish the bottom half of my sleeve
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrake View Post
    3. Continue to cut carbs and sugar out of my diet as much as I can
    Why? Is there a medical reason for that?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Just because it's not good for me, I get bad headaches when I have too much sugar, and I put on weight really quickly when I eat too much pasta and bread etc
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast