Thread: Appropriate tips?

Default Appropriate tips?

I'm hopefully getting my first tattoo very soon, but I just started thinking and realized I have no idea how to tip the artist! Obviously it's dependant on the quality of the piece, the overall experience, and tons of other factors.. But does anyone have a range I can go off of to appropriately tip the artist? I want to make sure no one is getting the short end of the stick.
    Hi, I'm Stef!

Current:
    Lobes (x3), right nostril, navel, tongue
    Retired: Helix (x2), lobe (x1), vertical labret
    Future:​ Tongue web, outer conch, vertical labret (again)

Tattoos: Tragedy/Comedy Masks on right foot, "This too shall pass" on right shoulder blade (in mommy's handwriting <3)

Hiya, it's been discussed a few times:

https://forum.bodyjewelleryshop.com/...hlight=tipping
    https://forum.bodyjewelleryshop.com/...hlight=tipping

There's probably more but I probably still stand why what I said in both those ones.

In the UK it's not that customary to tip but in the US (and possibly Canada) it is. I aim for 10% if I can afford it (my sessions are 420/$760CAD a pop not including travel) if I can't then I tip less, once I couldn't tip at all. She always asks me if I'm sure and has even told me it's too much before now.

It's the same with anything really, if you're happy then tip what you can afford, if you can't afford then make/take something, if you're not happy then don't tip. How much is down to you really.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks Hazel! Very helpful as always.
    Hi, I'm Stef!

Current:
    Lobes (x3), right nostril, navel, tongue
    Retired: Helix (x2), lobe (x1), vertical labret
    Future:​ Tongue web, outer conch, vertical labret (again)

Tattoos: Tragedy/Comedy Masks on right foot, "This too shall pass" on right shoulder blade (in mommy's handwriting <3)