Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problematic 10mm Stretched Lobe

Question Problematic 10mm Stretched Lobe

My right lobe has always been a bit problematic, it was pierced wrong as a child and when I had it pierced again in a slightly different place it had to be pierced twice in a row because the piercer couldn't get the jewellery in and has been periodically sore ever since when I've been stretching. I started stretching my left lobe since I was in year 8 and slowly progressed to 8mm but up to 12mm in the last 6 months. I left my right lobe for up to a year before stretching and waited a month to 6 weeks between sizes.

Anyway, apart from having to clean them more regularly than I ever did in the past with my left lobe, I tried to put my 10mm tunnel back in last night and it was super sore after leaving it out for a little bit to let it breath. I do usually use a little vaseline to get them back in but I couldn't screw the back on because it was too sore.

I looked into it to discover chapped lobes, which would make sense but the internal ring of my right lobe has seemingly become crusty or flakey over night even though I put a lot of vaseline on it over night and used a piece of jewellery that went in comfortably. So, I'm just wondering whether the crustiness is due to it being chapped or whether it's something different all together.

Also, it is only on the back, the front is completely fine.

Stretching should never hurt. If you're having problems then downsize a bit, let it rest there for a month or 2 and then start stretching it up again if it feels ready. 4mm in 6 months is kinda fast.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I've been at 12mm and 10mm for like 3-4 months now and they have been fine, although can get a bit pink and swollen when fiddling around with them but all I want to know is whether the cracked, flakey skin on my right 10mm lobe is because it's gotten a bit chapped in the cold weather.
    Hey! Name's Rosie.
    21 | Love Tattoos | Love piercings | Love Cats
    12mm left lobe, 10mm right lobe.
    Nose piercing and teacup Tattoo on left outer calf

Quote Originally Posted by MotherFucking_Princess View Post
    I've been at 12mm and 10mm for like 3-4 months now and they have been fine, although can get a bit pink and swollen when fiddling around with them but all I want to know is whether the cracked, flakey skin on my right 10mm lobe is because it's gotten a bit chapped in the cold weather.
    Kinda impossible to answer really. Mine have always been fine in cold weather.

Are you wearing high quality bio-compatible jewellery?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Well I've never suffered with it before but I'm not ruling it out. And no I've never had any issues with wearing jewellery, I've just got 3 white acrylic tunnels in at the moment.. well an acrylic taper in my 10mm while it's being funny but it's fine with that in.
    Hey! Name's Rosie.

It's likely the cheap acrylic breaking down in your ears, it's nasty stuff. You can develop allergies at any point.

Get some titanium or glass or at the very least some steel in them.

Agreed, bin the acrylic. Wear glass or titanium instead.

Also vaseline isn't much good, use a natural oil (jojoba, coconut, emu, not tea tree though) or a facial moisturiser. There's also stretched-ear-specific products like holey butt'r, and if you have a Lush shop near you I can recommend their Ultrabalm it's mostly jojoba oil but a bit more buttery/lip balm kind of consistency. Some people use Lemony Flutter, it's a cuticle butter that smells lovely.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Thanks, my boyfriend's brother also has stretched lobes and has also had chapped lobes and sounded similar to my issue. As I've been wearing an acrylic taper in the 10mm with no issue, I'll not bin them just yet but I will deffo try some of the natural oil stuff, or use it as an excuse to buy some stuff from Lush I have more expensive semi precious stone plugs at 12mm but the flares are 14mm so I'm probably having to go to 14mm to even get them in. The 10mm is doing much much better with regular applications of plain vaseline, as I don't like using scented face creams on delicate areas.
    Hey! Name's Rosie.

Generally speaking, anything that's safe to put on your face is safe to put on your earlobes.
    For irritated lobes I use emu oil, I think BPA oil and Naked oil are also safe to use but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong?
    Vaseline (petroleum jelly) just forms a slimy barrier on the skin. Doesn't actually help much except for preventing moisture loss etc.

Acrylic is just not suitable for long term wear. Neither are tapers. If you can't afford titanium or glass, at least wear steel. It's cheap and better than acrylic. Unless you're allergic to nickel.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Like I said, I don't seem to have any issues with acrylic jewellery anyways, thanks
    Hey! Name's Rosie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast