Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Messed up ear, suggestions?

Default Messed up ear, suggestions?

To start, I know what I did was completely idiotic, and the sheer stupidity of it can't really be said in words. With that said, I'd just like suggestions from experienced piercees and hopefully we have a couple piercers or even someone that lives with a nurse/doc too.

This past Monday I received a 14g piercing kit off Amazon that was already supposedly sterilized in eo gas, but i boiled the needle, jewelry and forceps for a couple minutes then soaked it all in alcohol until I tried to pierce my ear. Washed hands, put on gloves, put the needle in my ear, couldn't get the piercing into the end of the needle, then blood started gushing out so i just stopped the blood with a paper towel and put a bandaid on it. After that I called a couple piercers and they said sea salt soak(one said non-iodized table salt would work so I used that) and wash with anti bacterial soap. Sooo yeah, soaked in salt water once a day all week and washed with antibacterial soap 3-5 times a day and still am. Bandaid was kept on it till like Wednesday, then i just left it hanging out.

Now it looks like this, idk whether thats a pus bubble or what, and idk if its just bruised because of trauma between forceps and needle. Won't go to the doctor unless somebody can verify from the not so good quality pics that it's infected and there's nothing else that can be done at home to treat it. There's no pain unless squeezed and even then barely, no noticeable swelling, and it looks like a reddish purpleish irl.. so with all but the last, surely there must be no/minimal infection.. I think the holes are closed already(front is, can't tell the back very well but it should be by now, no?)

Second day I think:

Couple days ago:

This morning:

I'm scared as hell and regretting not waiting to go to a professional. Lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by 6ftunder View Post
    I'm scared as hell and regretting not waiting to go to a professional. Lesson learned.
    What was preventing you from going to a piercing studio?
    Piercings: 3x Lobe (L), Single Upper Lobe (R), Conch (R), 1.6mm Septum

To do list: Angel Bites, Tongue, Nipples, Navel, Tragus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1 View Post
    What was preventing you from going to a piercing studio?
    Impatience mainly, and the thought of saving a few bucks.
    Last edited by 6ftunder; 12-21-2014 at 07:02 PM.

This is why we don't pierce ourselves at home.

I would probably just leave that alone to heal up tbh. If it gets worse, see a doctor.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    This is why we don't pierce ourselves at home.

I would probably just leave that alone to heal up tbh. If it gets worse, see a doctor.
    Thanks. Assuming it don't get worse, do you think mid February would be safe to go get it pierced?

First off, you're waaaaay over cleaning it. Ditch the anti bacterial soap and don't keep it covered; it needs to breathe and keeping it covered could harbour bacteria.

It kind of looks more bruised than anything to me, so probably not anything to worry about in its current state. As kitebunny said; keep an eye on it, if it gets worse, seek a professional.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    First off, you're waaaaay over cleaning it. Ditch the anti bacterial soap and don't keep it covered; it needs to breathe and keeping it covered could harbour bacteria.

It kind of looks more bruised than anything to me, so probably not anything to worry about in its current state. As kitebunny said; keep an eye on it, if it gets worse, seek a professional.
    Thank you. So ditch the soap, but what about sea salt soak? Is that even required or just leave it completely alone?

Leave it alone, let it heal, any further issues see a medical professional and yes mid feb should be fine for a repierce at a piercers.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

YAY! Thank you everyone for the help. One last question, is it appropriate to get lobes pierced with labret studs or do they have to be captive rings?

Quote Originally Posted by 6ftunder View Post
    YAY! Thank you everyone for the help. One last question, is it appropriate to get lobes pierced with labret studs or do they have to be captive rings?
    Labrets or barbells are preferable, rings spin/twist and can delay healing.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast