Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navel Piercing Paranoia

Default Navel Piercing Paranoia

So i got my navel pierced almost three weeks ago. Pain wise I dont feel anything. It doesn't hurt unless it's bumped. I do however have those hypertrophic scars on both the top and bottom holes, so it's not looking the cutest (I'd post a picture, but Im new and cant figure out how to do it. Apparently I need to reach a post count??? :/). It's very very very slightly pinkish around the holes and occasionally along the length of where the bar would be. I guess my biggest fear is that it's going to reject. I've been paying attention to the amount of skin that was pierced through, and there's a decent amount of skin between the two balls. I also haven't noticed it becoming shallower, or having the bar be more exposed. I read somewhere that when it's red between the balls, it could mean a rejection. How can I know for sure?? :/

(Also can someone tell me how i'd go about posting a picture on here? It'd probably make it easier to help me if ya'll could actually see my piercing.)

Links to pictures:
    http://tinypic.com/r/3589f11/8
    http://tinypic.com/r/mt2dxx/8
    Last edited by SinKitten; 12-11-2014 at 05:47 AM.

How are you cleaning it? It looks dry. Also what material is the bar?
    Hi, I'm Stef!

Current:
    Lobes (x3), right nostril, navel, tongue
    Retired: Helix (x2), lobe (x1), vertical labret
    Future:​ Tongue web, outer conch, vertical labret (again)

Tattoos: Tragedy/Comedy Masks on right foot, "This too shall pass" on right shoulder blade (in mommy's handwriting <3)

That just looks a bit dry and irritated more than anything. Doesn't look like rejection to me. It's only three weeks, expect it to be red/sore/irritated for quite some time yet!
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

I'm cleaning it twice a day, morning and night, with sea salt soaks. Other than that I haven't been doing anything (other than just regular showering and such). I got some tea tree oil for the scarring, but i used it once and decided it was better to wait until it was more healed to try and treat them since I've heard the oil drys the piercing out more. And the bar is surgical steel I believe, just the standard stuff. I've never had surface piercings before, but my cartilages have been pierced with sterling silver and surgical steel before and nothing has gone wrong with them. As far as I know, I dont have any material allergies.

Do you rinse with plain water after your salt soaks?
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Make sure you're using the right measurements for your SSS (1/4 tsp of salt to 8 oz of water); if you use too much salt it can dry out the piercing. Also make sure to rinse with plain water afterwards to get rid of any salt remnants.

If possible, I would go see your piercer and ask if they can switch your jewelry out for a titanium barbell. It is possible to develop nickel allergies and, while surgical steel is okay, titanium is better and will be better to have for the duration of your healing.

Other than that, your piercing is still fairly new. Try to LITHA except when cleaning and rinse in the shower. I don't think you really have much to worry about at this point. I would skip on the tea tree oil at this point as it can be harsh on the skin and I don't think it'd do well with a brand new piercing. Just do as you're doing now.

Happy healing!
    Hi, I'm Stef!

Current:

Tattoos: Tragedy/Comedy Masks on right foot, "This too shall pass" on right shoulder blade (in mommy's handwriting <3)

Will there be any issues with switching the jewelry out this early though? I mean, don't they say to wait at least six months before trying to change it? :/ But thanks for the other advice. I think i may be using too much salt as mine comes in this little grinder thing which makes it hard to measure it. so i just literally grind some out without a care for the measurements. lol oops

Yea, I splash some plain water on it right after I soak it and then dry it off with Q-tips

As long as you get it done by a professional in a sterile environment with clean jewelry and equipment, you should be fine. I would not recommend trying to do it yourself but the material of the barbell could very well be causing you issues. It's better to change it now than try to heal a piercing that could be irritating your body.

Make sure to keep an eye on the measurements from this point on and don't overclean it. 2x a day is okay but no more than that. Also, is the sea salt you're using uniodized? That's something you'll want to keep an eye on.
    Hi, I'm Stef!

Current:

Just rinse it in the shower and leave it alone, you'll be amazed how well your body can heal things.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast