Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: nipple piercings???

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    How?

Agree that taking them out and putting them back in is a nightmare and the last thing you wanna do when you have a newborn, trust me lol! I couldn't imagine doing it when I breastfed my son, getting up at crazy o clock - yeah just hang on whilst I put the light on, wake my partner up, let the baby scream as I faff with jewellery...aaaah nope.

I don't know; I presume because there's now a bigger hole for the milk to come out of, rather than just the much smaller ducts? As someone who hasn't had a baby, I'll confess I know next to nothing about the actual biology (or experience!) of lactation. It's just I'm sure I read a thread on here once which resulted in a debate about breast feeding post piercing. I'm sure that a piercer actually responded saying something along the lines of 'it doesn't affect it, or, if it does, it actually increases milk flow'.

Maybe I'm misremembering, or maybe it's just a myth. I'm not saying it's necessarily true; I'm neither a professional piercing nor a nursing mother, but it's something I'd heard. =)

But, yeah, changing nipple jewellery is such a faffy thing as it is, let alone when you're knackered and trying to feed a baby. Plus, I can imagine (maybe I'm totally wrong) but it could be kind of awkward if you're feeding in public? 'Hold on while I remove this nipple barbell for all and sundry to witness'. I guess maybe a BCR without the bead would be the easiest thing to wear while feeding for repeatedly removal/reinsertion? But then you risk it falling out and losing the piercing anyway.

EDIT;;

On this thread, some mothers discussion how they handled piercings and breast feeding. There's one woman who says she felt it increased flow. (But then earlier another piercer says piercing neither increases or decreases flow, so, y'know.)
    Last edited by Jester; 12-07-2014 at 09:07 PM.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Ah right, I can't think it would do much tbh, the milk would be zipping past the piercing site usually as the nipple is drawn quite deeply and elongated quite a way into the baby's mouth when feeding. It may cause a few slight more drips after but I can't think it would be significant.

I never breastfed in public as I couldn't keep it up so didn't have chance but I wouldn't care one bit about taking out jewellery then feeding in public, it like breastfeeding can be done in a way that you're not wapping them out on a table or poking someone's eye out hehe :p

I think I'd personally retire and redo if I was ever in that situation.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm not planning on having a kid for at least another 6-7 years anyways... So I won't worry about it. Just want to make sure the act of piercing doesn't permanently damage my booblahs.

Thank you all for awesome info!
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Nope it doesn't cause any permanent damage, they wouldn't be performed by piercers if they did or they'd be well known for causing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    There's one woman who says she felt it increased flow.
    Yeah I'd take a lot of what she used to say with a pinch of salt. Also considering there's nothing to compare to and she's probably not measuring it in any way the difference would be insignificant.

Either way it does not interfere with the process of BF to the extent where it could cause issues or problems.
    Last edited by Boo; 12-07-2014 at 11:24 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

sweet. Y'all can look forward to my diary sometime next week
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

There's one woman who says she felt it increased flow.
    I heard this too when I got mine done. Either my piercer told me or I read another woman's experience but I don't have kids yet either so I'm yet to find out for myself!

Also, sensations can go a bit weird.
    I only got one pierced so I can compare. There is more sensation in the pierced nipple for me, but I have heard sensation can increase or decrease - it varies dependent on the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Thehorror View Post
    How long was it for y'all before you could go about your daily business normally? Not avoiding your boobs?
    Pretty much as soon as I left the piercers. It didn't really hurt at all the next day, but my nipples are sensitive anyway. And if you are wearing a bra it's actually quite well tucked away and not likely to irritate against anything (just make sure to air it / clean it and make sure your clothing is breathable). It was my first body piercing, so I was guilty of a lot of mistakes, like irregular cleaning etc. It would be fine for months then it would get really angry and sore (at like 9 months later) and I think it's because I wasn't conscientious about taking care of it because it felt like it healed quite quickly.

In general, for me, it did feel healed within a month. I had some playtime with my boyfriend at about 3 weeks and it didn't affect things right then (but obviously I had flare ups later, and I think that was one of my mistakes as a body piercing novice, so that's why I advise against it!). I think you'll feel fine at 5 weeks, but I suggest you treat it with care until 2 months, even if it feels healed.
    Last edited by Franny1; 12-09-2014 at 01:46 AM.

awesome, thanks! I will keep all that in mind.

All this has made me feel like getting mine done! How does the scar tissue go if they were taken out to start breast feeding? Will it repair ok? I've always worried that they would never be the same, and/or damage the nipple as far as to not being able to breastfeed at all.
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrake View Post
    All this has made me feel like getting mine done! How does the scar tissue go if they were taken out to start breast feeding? Will it repair ok? I've always worried that they would never be the same, and/or damage the nipple as far as to not being able to breastfeed at all.
    Mine have gone back to normal, they will not prevent you from breastfeeding.

I'd probably try to take them out at least a month beforehand, so they're not trying to reheal as a baby is sucking on them... but the consensus is definitely that nipple rings don't affect nursing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast