Thread: Tragus Bumps..front and back

Default Tragus Bumps..front and back

Hello everyone, had my tragus pierced around 10 weeks ago. Everything was going well till I seen that about two weeks ago I developed a bump on the front of the piercing. Couple days ago I felt a tingling behind my tragus and so today I took a photo and found that I have a pretty good sized bump behind it...today it's actually stinging me quite a bit. Intially the piercer gave me Provon to clean it with and that was all, then I decided to buy H2ocean and I've been using that. When I got it pierced, I was so excited that I forgot to mention to the piercer that I normally have to wear 18k gold earrings because I'm allergic. This tragus piercing is my first "big" piercing other than my ear lobes so it's been a journey that's for sure. He pierced mine at 18g...with a hoop and it moves to much when I'm cleaning and I hit it a lot...unfortunately. Don't know what to do...maybe I'll have to take it out, though I really don't want to :(

]http://i60.tinypic.com/2czo8qr.jpg

looking closer I seen that there is whitish stuff...was wondering if it was pus or something...not sure? I just got out of the shower at that moment too..took the photo about 5 minutes after my shower. Please help.
    Last edited by rebeworldtraveler; 11-28-2014 at 05:01 AM.

Honestly id go and get a labret or barbell fitted into it, I tried healing my tragus with a cbr and got it changed out after about 3 months bbecause I kept knocking it!

Try chamomile tea bag compresses to see if it helps, the only other thing I'd suggest is try leaving it rather than faffing with cleaning. I've found with most of mine I dont actually need to touch them whilst they're healing apart from cleaning them off in the shower.

Dont worry, it should all be sorted in no time
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Go to a good piercer and get that cheap jewellery out and a titanium labret fitted.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hello everyone, thanks for replying. Went to my piercer today and showed him, he basically said its my fault and not the jewelry causing the problem. He wouldn't change it and just said to put hydrocortisone cream..don't think I spelt that correctly. Anyway, guess I'll do that for two weeks, he said if it doesn't work go back to him. Hoping it works. Really don't want this ring in my ear because it moves a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by rebeworldtraveler View Post
    ...he basically said its my fault...
    That's disgusting behaviour.

Find a better piercer asap.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi there.

Go to a better piercer and ask them to change it to a labret. You'll be less likely to knock it that way because it won't be sticking out and spinning around. Then make sure to clean it twice a day with hot sea salt soaks. Don't touch it, don't move it, don't sleep on it. These bumps are caused by irritation, so remove that and the bump will go away. Tragus bumps can be really fussy, I had one for a good 5 months and one day it just went away. Keep at it, it'll go away eventually
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Hi there, thank you everyone and I agree! It was disgusting behavior, he talks to me like I am stupid, which is insanely irritating! I'll give it two weeks with daily soaks and so forth and if the bump doesn't leave, perhaps I'll just remove it.

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Dude, it's not going to get any better with that jewellery in there. I can guarantee that. Just get the ring changed already, then you can hope for recovery.
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Guess I'll go elsewhere then... He said that it would only make it worse if I changed it, much worse, especially since it's only 2 months old. I don't know what to do - I'm so conflicted!! Sucks because there aren't really any pierced where I live and he's supposedly the best so I'd assume he knows what he's talking about, though it doesn't seem much like it. Ugh :/

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebeworldtraveler View Post
    Guess I'll go elsewhere then... He said that it would only make it worse if I changed it, much worse, especially since it's only 2 months old. I don't know what to do - I'm so conflicted!! Sucks because there aren't really any pierced where I live and he's supposedly the best so I'd assume he knows what he's talking about, though it doesn't seem much like it. Ugh :/
    You can always change it yourself, I changed my tragus myself... um... 2 or 3 months after I got it pierced since I was having issues with the jewelry. It was pretty hard to get the ball on the barbell, but perhaps you can get someone to help?
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram