Thread: my new ink :-)

Default my new ink :-)

ta-da!!! Arma Virumque Cano, "I sing of arms and a man" is the first line of the Aeneid, which was the first work I read in Latin fluently.

For those of you who may be aware of the double navel debacle, yes, I got this the same night, yes, I got this the same place. DIFFERENCE is the tattoo artist was actually competent and I'm really, really, really, happy with this. It's healing really well, the lines are freaking straight, and he did this in only 20 minutes. Have I had better ideas? Absolutely. But at least it wasn't a total loss.

I do regret the timing. Never, ever, ever getting ink and metal within one night again. And doing more research, asking more questions, bla bla bla. Point is, I got lucky, and I'm quite aware.

(edit) better pic

When I talked to the piercer who fixed me he agreed that the place I originally went to was great for ink... really good reputation even among other artists. Piercing... apparently not so much.
    Last edited by Thehorror; 11-26-2014 at 04:30 AM. Reason: better pic
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

I like it. Where is it? I can't tell from the photo...
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

It's on my hip. I had to crop it in because there was a great view of my rear end... no one wants to see that!
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Hit the peely/itchy stage today. It's exciting and awesome feeling, but at the same time... ew. Luckily it's right under my pants which should help with the urge to itch itch itch it

week and a half in... not as crisp. I hope it clears up... don't like this fogginess

The writing on my wrist did this, the ink bleeds into your skin. I got mine touched up and it's better but still a bit fuzzy round the edges. No idea if it's normal or not or if that's just how it heals on some people?
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Yeah... I mean, only 11 days after isn't a time for it to be pretty, but it has spread.

Honestly it doesn't look bad, it just doesn't look like it did. Which I loved.

Also, I think I might have moved the camera a little. So it's not as thick... but it's def lookin' a little chunky

looks much better today!

Picked this up from another thread but I've got script on my hip that went exactly the same. I was told by another artist that it was from over saturation. I wear high waisted a lot so I kinda smothered it Which makes sense. It's got better with time but it's still not perfect.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Ah. I didn't over saturate at all (only used aquaphor for 3 days) so I don't think that was it... It settled down a lot within a few days and I think the picture was blurry too. Because of the location I can't really see the tat myself very well, so I was only going by the pic... Awesome roommate assured me that I was over reacting to a blurry pic. It has spread, but not very much.