Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Double Navel :-)

Talking Double Navel :-)

So, I wanted a belly button piercing, but didn't want just any normal navel piercing. So I got a double. With a single piece of jewelry! (Can we call that an industrial navel?)

Piercer was great. He was young, had only been piercing for a few months, and had done his first double navel that morning. So I was his second ever and that day!

I know, I know, what was I thinking. But everything was super sterile and clean, and he was super friendly, and I saw some pictures of his work, and I mean, everyone has to start somewhere right? And the shop wouldn't be letting him pierce if he wasn't decent. I questioned him, make sure he knew what he was doing, yada yada. Plus, since it was such a unique piercing, it was good to have that fresh insight and energy.

So anyways, first we had to custom make the piece. We decided 14G to reduce risk of migration, and PTFE for flexibility to take pressure off the piercing. The piece we used was a little curved which also helps. After everything was sterilized (y'all know how that works) and I sat down.

Did the bottom first, went through easy and didn't hurt at all. The top hurt a little bit, like a 6/10, but wasn't unbearable. It was a little tougher than the lower one. He was a really good piercer. Gentle, but not too hesitant. Definitely knew what he was doing. Inserted the jewelry, took photos for the guy's wall, and away I went!

It's been three days now! The pain the first night was tough, but the next morning it only hurt to move around. Today it only hurts when I do something I shouldn't. It's still red at the opening of the piercings, but no sign of infection. Slight bruising, no swelling, minimal lymph.

So anyways... I know this is going to be a tricky piercing to heal, but I'm optimistic. I've given it the best chance it can get. If I have to switch to separate bars in a couple weeks I will, but I'm hopeful it'll do what it's supposed to.

This was right after piercing! Now that the swelling has gone down I have shortened the PTFE. I think I'll be able to shorten it further in a few days.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

I really don't think one piece of curved ptfe is right for this piercing.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Nor me.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

dpack_1

There is so much wrong here. So much.

Its seriously not going to heal. At all.

My ownn experiences tell me that you reeeaaallly don't want to heal two navel piercings with one piece of jewellery. It took me months to find a jewellery combination that was comfortable and didn't delay healing (fortuntely my regular navel piercing was already five years old when I had my inverse pierced, so I could, and would, remove it when the lower one was playing up). Even now, with seven and two year old piercings, I wouldn't really want to wear one piece of jewellery for anything more than 'show'. The way I bend means that the ball from the top bar often sits behind the ball from the lower bar; one piece of jewellery (especially extended wear/while healing) would only put pressure on the piercings.

Sorry. =/
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Assuming this was a viable piercing and could actually heal (it's not, it won't) why did you get so much bar sticking out at either end? That not only looks awful, it's going to make this thing reject twice as fast.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

I was hoping to see a standard and inverse navel. :(

As above, it's not going to heal and leave you with scarring, your "piercer" should be ashamed.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toofwess View Post
    Assuming this was a viable piercing and could actually heal (it's not, it won't) why did you get so much bar sticking out at either end? That not only looks awful, it's going to make this thing reject twice as fast.
    Supposedly for swelling, I guess?
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Probably the totally wrong thing to be focusing on but are the balls acrylic?
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

1) Length was for swelling. It's much more reasonable now but I don't have an updated pic atm
    2) yes they are acrylic... changed to titanium about ten minutes after the pic
    3) I know, I know. This was one of those "excitement for new piercing and leftover adrenaline not quite letting me think straight" teaching moments. I think I was hoping someone would be like "nah girl you're all good!" but... yeah.

Walk of shame back to piercer shall commence this afternoon.

But... it is a freaking awesome piercing.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast