Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Double Navel :-)

Oh god, sorry but that's just awful. No good piercer would've done that, everything about it looks wrong :/ take it out and get two proper navel piercings. The logic of he must be ok to be allowed to pierce just doesn't stand up, there are dodgy piercers everywhere.
    Current piercings-

Right ear-
    Tragus
    Lobe x3
    industrial

Left ear-
    Conch
    Lobe x3

Nostril

Retired-
    Helix
    Forward helix
    Septum
    Rook
    Navel

3 tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by Thehorror View Post
    1) Length was for swelling. It's much more reasonable now but I don't have an updated pic atm
    2) yes they are acrylic... changed to titanium about ten minutes after the pic
    3) I know, I know. This was one of those "excitement for new piercing and leftover adrenaline not quite letting me think straight" teaching moments. I think I was hoping someone would be like "nah girl you're all good!" but... yeah.

Walk of shame back to piercer shall commence this afternoon.

But... it is a freaking awesome piercing.
    When done properly, yeah. Unfortunately there is nothing awesome about this particular one. I'm glad you'll be going back to the piercer (although I think it'd be better to go back to a piercer who is actually competent) But yeah, just get that out ASAP and start again.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Quote Originally Posted by Thehorror View Post
    But... it is a freaking awesome piercing.
    Sorry but no it's not, it's horrific and something that brings down good mod artists and makes people think we're all stupid for getting these "wacky piercings".

I wouldn't go near that piercer again they obviously have no shame and no morals to be performing such garbage.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Ouch :( I can't stand it when my standard navel bar is a few mm too long as I catch it all the time. That looks so painful, is it not uncomfortable when you sit down?
    Becky
    Current: 2 sets of lobes, 2 helix, forward helix (l), conch, tragus (r), navel
    Want: helix, daith (l), lobe (r)
    Retired: rook (r)

'You can't plough a field by turning the soil over in your mind.'

Went to better piercer. Had jewelry removed. Will try again in several weeks.

I meant that the concept of the piercing was awesome... This particular one not so much.

Excuse me while I go cry in a corner. :-(
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Try not to be sad, see it as a life lesson. Getting 2 separate ones will work out a lot better ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

very, very, very expensive life lesson...

I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. The guy that took it out says he successfully does double navels pretty often but with separate jewelry. So maybe I'll get both? Maybe I won't? I know I probably shouldn't. He's been piercing 14 years and had a wall plastered in licenses so I trust him. A lot more. But we'll see. Maybe I'll go for my forward helix this time round.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

If you're going to re-pierce i'd get one done at a time. Navels are slow healers and often don't work out due to anatomy, or irritation from clothing etc etc. Healing 2 at once would be a nightmare!
    Alison.

Current:
    * 10 Tattoos
    * 3 lobes each side
    * Left Tragus (31/12/12)
    * 2 MD's (04/06/12)
    * VCH (02/07/12)
    * Right Nostril (2012)

Retired:
    * Tongue (2001) & (2014)
    * Cartilage (1997)
    * Navel (1998)
    * Nostril (2003)
    * R & L Nipples (2002)
    * VCH (2000)
    * Monroe (2014)

Wanted:

* Navel (if suitable)
    * More Tattoos
    * Left Daith / Rook

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

You've actually taken this really well! There are other people that just won't accept that their piercing is badly done and still persist on trying to persuade everyone that yes, I see what you're saying, BUT.... And so forth. It's great that you realized that it wouldn't work right away, bravo to you
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

I have double navel piercings. I had mine pierced separately (in 2006 and 2012). They can be such a hassle to heal successfully but it really is possible. Standard took a year to heal, inverse took two; I find the lower one catches more. Would I recommend getting pierced separately or together? Personal preference, I guess. On the one hand, you'll need long jewellery to accommodate swelling to begin with (I had 12mm), which means they're very likely to bump or catch on each other; if one is fully healed you can switch to much smaller jewellery, or remove, to prevent this. On the other hand, I had to deal with three years of healing in total, whereas if they'd been together it would have only been one healing period.

If you do want to wear it as an 'industrial' as you call it, you will need to wait until they are truly healed and I wouldn't recommend it as daily wear, more for 'going out'. I don't know, I've not worn one piece of jewellery as I personally prefer the look of two and I can't be bothered getting a custom made, well fitted piece.

If you have any questions about double navel piercings feel free to send me a message. =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos