Thread: Foot tattoos in the winter?

Default Foot tattoos in the winter?

Hi all!

So, I'm hoping to get my first tattoo next month, as it will be the only time when I'll be able to afford it (due to Christmas) and will have a few weeks off from school. As a performer, it seems as though the best location for me to get my tattoo is the top of my foot, and I've grown to love foot tattoos.

My question is, is it an awful idea to get a foot tattoo in the winter? I live in Ottawa, Canada where the climate in the winter is quite cold and snowy, so wearing boots will be inevitable. I would do my best to stay off it for a few days at least so I wouldn't have to wear shoes, but if I were to have to go out somewhere, would I be able to?

I start working on a film April 2015 so summer isn't really an option for me either. D;

Right now, I'm just looking for genuine answers and not necessarily answers that will just make me happy, as I'm brand new to the tattoo world and not as educated as most of you.

TIA!
    Hi, I'm Stef!

Current:
    Lobes (x3), right nostril, navel, tongue
    Retired: Helix (x2), lobe (x1), vertical labret
    Future:​ Tongue web, outer conch, vertical labret (again)

Tattoos: Tragedy/Comedy Masks on right foot, "This too shall pass" on right shoulder blade (in mommy's handwriting <3)

As long as you rest up for a day or so after it will be fine. I've known people to have a foot tattoo in the morning and be on their feet at work by the evening in covered feet and had no problems other than swelling and discomfort which you will get with any tattoo but with feet many do find elevating and resting for a couple of days really helps
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Awesome, that's great to know! Thanks Hazel.

Would I wrap my foot before wearing socks for the first short while? With cling film or anything like that? I feel like the fabric against the fresh tattoo would lift the ink and I don't want that haha.
    Hi, I'm Stef!

Current:

Tattoos: Tragedy/Comedy Masks on right foot, "This too shall pass" on right shoulder blade (in mommy's handwriting <3)

Yup you'd be best off wrapping it if it's still weeping. Your artist will explain to you how to care for it.

I think you're really brave. I want to get the tops of my feet done but I'm scared of the pain!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Awesome, thanks again! I think I'm just getting ahead of myself because I'm excited.

I'm expecting the tattoo to be very painful but it should all be worthwhile. I'm getting the two happy/sad theatre masks. I have a general design but I'm excited to see what the artist will do with it! I'll let you know how the pain is.
    Hi, I'm Stef!

Current:

They're always worth while hehe. Hope it goes quickly for you!

I'll def be posting a diary/experience when I get it.
    Hi, I'm Stef!

Current: