Thread: Tattoos in Amsterdam

Default Tattoos in Amsterdam

So, long time no see on this forum! Nice to be back

I am going to Amsterdam soon, and I have two small tattoos I would like to get. I could get them here in Norway, but it's really expensive for something so small..

Therefore, I was hoping to get an answer to two things:
    - Where should I go? It's writing and a small bird (on separate places), so any artist who knows his/her job could do it. I don't need the best shop in town, but I would like to shade away from the more suspicious ones..
    - What's the price? There's probably a minimum amount to pay, as always, but what's the general price estimate? In Norway its somewhere between 120-150 euros, no matter how small the tattoo, so no wonder I would like to check out the possibilities of having these small tattoos done when I'm in Amsterdam anyway.

Anyone with some Amsterdam tattoo experience here who could send me in the right direction? If the price is somewhat similar (aka really high..), I might as well do it at home, but It's worth checking out. I'll check it out anyway while I'm there, but I like first-hand experience advice in any situation

Much appreciated!

Lobes: 16 mm
    Owl feet
    tattoos
    Wrist feather tattoo (you know, the standard "first time tattoo" one)

Ooof. I got tattooed in Holland. Worst idea of my life. That sucker is dead and buried beneath a much nicer tattoo now. =/ Personally I wouldn't get tattooed (again) in a country where English isn't their first language. Sure, most Dutch people have fluent English, but the artist and my friend kept chatting in Dutch about my tattoo rather than talking to me about it (maybe they were translating for each other? I don't know).

Of course this doesn't mean that every tattoo artist in Holland is terrible; indeed, I know some Dutch people with amazing tattoos. Just I ended up with such a revolting hack job, haha. It wasn't in Amsterdam though. I can ask my friend who lives in Holland if you'd like though? =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

I would never do something bigger as I am quite picky and probably wouldn't be able to explain poperly, but these are standard tattoos that I have a finished design for (a bit cheesy, but hey.. Why not! :P)

If you could ask I would be truly grateful!

Owl feet
    tattoos

Oh, mine was only a few inches and I went in with a finished design of what I wanted and it still got messed up. =P But, as I said, that's one tattoo artist. That's like saying one tattoo artist in England is terrible, so they must all be. So avoid that one artist!

I'll let you know as soon as she gets back to me. =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Yeah, there are some of those studios here at home too! I can't understand how they are still alive.. So there are some black sheeps everywhere (unfortunately..).

Thank you so much!
    Last edited by Illywhack; 11-20-2014 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Typing too fast..

Owl feet
    tattoos