Thread: Navel Bar Too Short?

Exclamation Navel Bar Too Short?

Hi Guys,
    I was wondering if I could get a bit of advice. I had my navel pierced on Saturday (about 4 days ago) and I was wondering whether the bar it was pierced with is too short? The top of the piercing is REALLY red, and the general area which has been pierced is quite red. I was thinking of going to get it changed for a longer one tomorrow, but I wanted to check to see if people thought the bar was too short, or whether my peach like ability to bruise is the problem. Also sorry for the terrible picture quality!
    Thanks in advance!
    Piercings and what not..

2 x Lobes, 1 x 10mm Stretch (L), Helix (L), Tragus (L), Conch (L), Anti Tragus (R), Snug (R), Daith (R), Tongue Web & 2 x Wrist Skin Divers.
    Wish List: Rook, Gill, Orbital, Tatto.
    Retired: 3 x Lobe, 1 x Tragus.

Tumblr

Looks ok to me. What's it made from and how are you looking after it?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Hazel,
    The bar is titanium, and have never had a reaction to metal before. I also SSS once a day, as I shower every morning. This is my third time replying, so sorry for the delay, I don't know where my posts are going!
    Piercings and what not..

2 x Lobes, 1 x 10mm Stretch (L), Helix (L), Tragus (L), Conch (L), Anti Tragus (R), Snug (R), Daith (R), Tongue Web & 2 x Wrist Skin Divers.

Tumblr

Looks ok to me, bit bruised perhaps.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

That doesn't look too short at all. Both my navel piercings bruised when pierced. It's still quite fresh, so I wouldn't fret. =) My inverse navel would still go red (top and between the balls) over a year later if it got aggravated.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

As above, it will settle in time, they can be very long healers.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Great, thank you guys! I wasn't too sure whether it was my peach like skin, or the bar haha. It's just that most of my piercings are cartilage so it's all a bit new to me . Thank you for your advice, can relax a little now
    Piercings and what not..

Tumblr

Hard to tell from photo, and my navel was pierced about 12 years ago, but looks OK to me. I remember mine bled once or twice then settled pretty quickly. I kept my original bar in ages though.