Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cover up with Russian doll tattoo experience!

Default Cover up with Russian doll tattoo experience!

Hi all,

I've had a lotus with a Chinese symbol in it for about 4yrs now and having recently had my dreamcatcher and having such a lovely piece on me, it really drew my attention to how my lotus just wasn't up to scratch! The whole tattoo will be about 4/5hrs, today we did 2hrs, which was enough time to do a rose over my lotus. In a months time I'm going back to have the doll added. This piece is being done at the same studio as my dreamcatcher, Beynurs in Littleport, the artist is Giada Knox, who recently was the cover girl on skin deep and she had a five page spread!
    of course this was going to hurt, I suspect it might've been a bit worse as it was going over some scar tissue. The outline took about 50mins and tbh was the worst bit! The lines at the base of my wrist were the worst(now really dreading the bottom of the doll) and the colouring was actually pretty bearable.
    The colouring in took about an hour, so I had a max of 10 min break during it, I was offered to have breaks but I personally find it best just to get on with it!
    since getting home I've taken the cling film off and given it a rinse. It is very swollen and tender so I've taken some ibuprofen.

Heres the progression of my tattoo-

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by sheepy; 01-09-2015 at 10:43 PM.
    Current piercings-

Right ear-
    Tragus
    Lobe x3
    industrial

Left ear-
    Conch
    Lobe x3

Nostril

Retired-
    Helix
    Forward helix
    Septum
    Rook
    Navel

3 tattoos

Day 2- woke up and my tattoo was very wet and slimey, I was worried initially as I haven't had this happen before, but I haven't had a coloured tattoo like this before! It's still very swollen and red and also pretty painful to touch or for me to bend my wrist. Hoping it will feel better in the next couple of days! I'm using bepanthen again as that worked so well for my dreamcatcher. Will update tomorrow
    Current piercings-

Right ear-
    Tragus
    Lobe x3
    industrial

Left ear-
    Conch
    Lobe x3

Nostril

Retired-
    Helix
    Forward helix
    Septum
    Rook
    Navel

3 tattoos

Day 4-My wrist is still very tender and leaking quite a bit of plasma and ink. I've had a bit of bubbling in the middle of my rose, which is the most worked area. I lessened my use of the bepanthen, in case my tattoo was too moisturised, but I found that it then became incredibly dry and tight. So I'm applying the bepanthen mainly to the outside and not the middle area with the bubbles. tbh, I'm going to be really relieved when this starts peeling, because having such a large area that's scabby is uncomfortable.
    Current piercings-

Right ear-
    Tragus
    Lobe x3
    industrial

Left ear-
    Conch
    Lobe x3

Nostril

Retired-
    Helix
    Forward helix
    Septum
    Rook
    Navel

3 tattoos

I thought the lotus was definitely up to scratch, it was pretty ! Your rose is beautiful too though. Hope it heals well
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

The line work in the lotus was pretty bad, the top left was the worst bit. I wasn't ever proud to show it to anyone, my cover up is going to be sooo much better!
    Current piercings-

Right ear-
    Tragus
    Lobe x3
    industrial

Left ear-
    Conch
    Lobe x3

Nostril

Retired-
    Helix
    Forward helix
    Septum
    Rook
    Navel

3 tattoos

I kinda liked the lotus as well tbh! It could have had the outline redone and been fine but it's more important that you like what you have now! The healing seems normal to me, just use bep very very sparingly. Cover up's can take a while longer to heal.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

As others have said, I don't think the lotus was at all bad! However, having had a tattoo I didn't like myself and being to embarrassed to show it off (and subsequently covering it up) I also understand that once you fall out of love with it, it doesn't matter how many people tell you it's fine it just has to go. Got to love the skin you're in, after all! That said, I think the rose is absolutely gorgeous. =) Can't wait to see the finished piece.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

I did consider having the outline redone, but tbh I just don't love it, so thought is best to start again my husband and family much prefer the new one, so that's gotta b a good thing too!
    general update- swelling is much reduced, still very sore. I was out all day so had 12hrs without putting bepanthen on. Wow has it gone dry! It's cracked and started to peel. As soon as I got in I washed it and put bepanthen on, so it's looking much better
    Current piercings-

Right ear-
    Tragus
    Lobe x3
    industrial

Left ear-
    Conch
    Lobe x3

Nostril

Retired-
    Helix
    Forward helix
    Septum
    Rook
    Navel

3 tattoos

Aww glad it's going well and that your family like it! <3
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Day 6- All the swelling seems to have gone, still a bit painful, but not too bad. Strangely pretty much the whole thing has peeled! There's only a little bit of scabbing in the middle. its not as red as I thought it was going to be, it actually looks purple/pink. Relieved that the cover up has been successful and that the lotus isn't visible. Also a bit odd, not had any itching with this! Which has surprised me, it's almost like the entire process has been accelerated. I'll put another pic up shortly!
    Current piercings-

Right ear-
    Tragus
    Lobe x3
    industrial

Left ear-
    Conch
    Lobe x3

Nostril

Retired-
    Helix
    Forward helix