Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm hopeful it's not infected BUT.........

I've only ever seen a few infected tattoos mainly just in articles etc and they all look like yours. No tattoo should ever look like that. Shame you didn't take expert advice. Pinxy only suggested what she did on the basis of your description of just one tip of the star being a bit raised, not nearly the whole tattoo being infected.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I've had an infected tattoo, and it's not something you want to leave its own devices. I did, for only a few days, and ended up on crutches. It started off as an allergic reaction to the ink and ended being horrendous!! I'd seriously take Darren's advice if I were you
    Emzii

current:
    lobes x 2 each (1 x 4mm)
    tongue
    Navel
    Outer Conch
    Septum

retired:
    scaffold
    8mm lobe
    sternum md
    left labret
    navel
    stomach surface x2
    Nostril x2
    right labret

tattoos:
    several! ask me..

I said I hope I didn't offend you... I did take advice from a studio owner, with multi-award winning artists thank you very much. I was worried about it, it was early morning and didn't want to go straight back to the studio unnecessarily, that's why I posted here and not to be patronised Darren. In my opinion, for what it's worth it wasn't infected. I mentioned no symptoms of infection other than scabbing and slight discharge from the scab which I now think was just wet scab. I hope you show more courtesy and less arrogance towards your clients - jeez!

And Hazel I completely agree that it should not look like that, it did because of over moisturising. I have taken expert advice and the care Pinxy suggested is similar to that of care for excess scabbing so that is what I'm doing.

Emzii I had no intention of leaving an infected tattoo to it's own devices, as I said in an earlier post a friend of mine had one and it's not pleasant. That's why I took pictures and was very conscious of it. There has been no pain, swelling, redness, blood, pus, shiny or hot skin, no red lines streaking away from it and I have not felt unwell.
    Hi I'm Sam

Metal; 1mm nostril
    1.2mm- 3x L lobes, 1x R lobe, 2x R helix, septum, faux rook, faux snug, outer conch
    1.6mm- L conch, tongue, navel
    14mm lobes
    Stomach dermal
    Mods; Breast enlargement, lip fillers, semi-permanent eyebrows
    Ink; 70 hours in total
    Retired: Lots 😣

I don't see any arrogance here, please do not accuse members of such things. Darren was frustrated because you asked a question, got an answer then ignored it and the advice given from several experienced tattoo artists who viewed the tattoo.

As you've decided to diagnose yourself I'm closing this thread as nothing else needs to be discussed.

If you have further questions I would honestly suggest speaking/seeing to your artist - it's never unnecessary if you're worried.
    Last edited by Boo; 11-08-2014 at 12:50 AM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12