Thread: High septum/Rotating

Default High septum/Rotating

Hey all!

I got my septum pierced a few days ago and I think it was pierced too high (or my sweet spot is high and the jewellery is too small). I have a circular barbell and it hugs the center part of my nose with only the two little balls just visible. I was worried that my piercer may have pierced the cartilage but the pain can't have been that bad because I don't even remember how it felt, the only part that did hurt was when she put the jewellery in. I thought in 6 weeks I could change the cbb to one with a wider diameter?

Anyway, over the past couple of days the jewellery has rotated all the way around so that the left side is wrapped around the front of my nose and the right ball is resting on the hole. Is this normal? I have the urge to move it round to how it should be because It's irritating my nose (tickling, unbearably itchy) but I really do not want to touch it, even the slightest brush is very painful and makes me tear up. I'm worried if I leave it it will get stuck in this position or still hurt if I ever try to move it again. Thanks.

Go back to a good piercer and get them to fit you with a retainer. Keep it flipped up for 2-3 months then wear whatever jewellery you like.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Won't that hurt since it's only been pierced a few days? What will the retainer do? I thought they fall out really easy.

It will be uncomfortable for a few seconds. I had a retainer in, flipped up for well over 2 months, only came out twice when blowing my nose, easiest healing piercing going. You can move the jewellery if you like but you'll probably find yourself doing it on a daily basis and possibly delaying healing, this is one of the reasons my piercer will only pierce with retainers and suggest they stay flipped up and snug in the nose for the healing period.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks I'll go back to them and ask. I tried gently moving it back to how it should be and it was just too painful. Is the swelling why its so stiff?

Yeah it will be a factor, shouldn't be horribly painful though. May want to see another piercer for a second opinion on placement?

I will, it does seem a bit high. Do you think that because it's rotated all the way around and I'm unable to move it back is because it's rejecting? I did a sss today and it eased some of the irritation but it still won't budge.

It's not rejecting. Hard to answer anything else without seeing it in person tbh. Deffo go see someone soon to see what's going on.

It's because it's new and swollen