Thread: Changing my dermal tops

Default Changing my dermal tops

Hey guys how long should I wait before changing the tops? Piercer reccomended tiny ones to start with incase I didn't like big ones standing out but now I've decided I do want to change the size and color. Had them done on September 11th

thanks xx
    Current stabbings.
    6x lobes. 1x6mm stretch. 1x25mm. Conch. Anti eyebrow. Tongue. Lip. Cheeks. Nape. Collarbone. Nipple. Wrist. Hips both sides. Reverse navel. Skin diver belly. Back dermal.

Retired
    2x nose. Wrist surface. Labret. Collarbone.

I'd give it a few months so they can anchor properly and even then you may want to go to your piercer who will have the right tool to do it for you or you could get the tool and someone to help you if you're confident enough.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah hun. My piercer said she would do it. Is it a good idea to have balls? Or the half dome balls.
    I wouldn't mind having them instead of jewels to be honest.
    I'll wait till the 3 month mark. Think that's the right time to wait is it not xx
    Current stabbings.
    6x lobes. 1x6mm stretch. 1x25mm. Conch. Anti eyebrow. Tongue. Lip. Cheeks. Nape. Collarbone. Nipple. Wrist. Hips both sides. Reverse navel. Skin diver belly. Back dermal.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadygirl View Post
    Yeah hun. My piercer said she would do it. Is it a good idea to have balls? Or the half dome balls.
    I wouldn't mind having them instead of jewels to be honest.
    I'll wait till the 3 month mark. Think that's the right time to wait is it not xx
    Where are they?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Chest. I had nape ones done with balls and had them 2 year with no problems so just wondering can balls be used on any dermal top
    Current stabbings.

Retired

Balls can go anywhere but are more likely to catch (more prominent). Go with half domes

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadygirl View Post
    Chest. I had nape ones done with balls and had them 2 year with no problems so just wondering can balls be used on any dermal top
    Depends if the threading matches, your piercer is the best one to talk it over. I agree with Becky if you want the look of balls without the higher likelyhood of catching then go for half domes or rounded discs/m&m shapes.

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to change them. I just worry it might annoy them I wouldn't wanna pee them off
    Current stabbings.

Retired

Mine were sore after a change but fine again after a day or 2.

I've had 2 chest ones for 2 years now and they still get angry every now and then but as Hazel said, they settle after a day or two
    If you lightly touch them with a clean finger it shouldn't hurt, if it does they're not ready to be changed. The longer you wait the better.
    I wear gem half domes in mine (various sizes) and don't have much bother with catching, you get used to being careful
    Alison.

Current:
    * 10 Tattoos
    * 3 lobes each side
    * Left Tragus (31/12/12)
    * 2 MD's (04/06/12)
    * VCH (02/07/12)
    * Right Nostril (2012)

Retired:
    * Tongue (2001) & (2014)
    * Cartilage (1997)
    * Navel (1998)