Thread: 00 Segmant Ring

Default 00 Segmant Ring

I ordered a 00 segment ring from bodyjewelryshop.com for my PA. Upon opening the package I so happen to grab a magnet when I grabbed the screwdriver to put it on. I noticed that the ring has a small amount of magnetism to it. It says surgical steel on the order sheet which I know isn't magnetic but why is this one?
    Have:
    Both nipples
    2ga PA

Have you emailed the shop? They don't look at the forum.

Do you have a link to the product? Can't seem to find it.

Does it say it is implant grade steel ie 316L? A quick google shows that if 316 or 316L has been annealed/heat treated in a certain way it will not be magnetic, if not then it will have a slight pull.
    Last edited by Boo; 09-30-2014 at 01:42 AM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yes I emailed the store here is a link to the ring I got it says 316L so it shouldn't be magnetic

https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/on...mm_3436279.cfm
    Have:
    Both nipples
    2ga PA

Quote Originally Posted by jjp53 View Post
    Yes I emailed the store here is a link to the ring I got it says 316L so it shouldn't be magnetic

https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/on...mm_3436279.cfm
    And did they confirm it's been annealed? If it's not been annealed then it will have some slight magnetic pull to it.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

It doesn't say it has. Will this slight magnetism set off metal detectors at the airport?
    Have:
    Both nipples
    2ga PA

It's extremely unlikely. No more likely than the buttons on a coat/jacket/jeans might set it off.

Lol I hope not let me try and explain that the security guy at the airport
    Have:
    Both nipples
    2ga PA

They've seen it all before tbh