Thread: I took out my snakebites after a week.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I took out my snakebites after a week.

I've always wanted snakebites and I've had a Labret and side lip piercing in the past so I thought why not give it a try now seeing as it's been so long since I've had any piercings in that area!

I got it done and it swelled like a mother ducker.
    I'm talking pete burns style swelling.
    My lips are quite full so I don't think that helped things.
    By day 7 they were still mega swollen, the bars were cutting in on the insides of my lip and they would just randomly bleed from the front.
    The right one was also irritating a sensitive tooth which I should of learnt from last time.

Another detail that contributed to my decision to take them out was that they were very slightly uneven.
    I'm talking miniscule but it bugged me and i'm really obsessive about things being symmetrical (I've had all my ear piercings re done because they were a centimeter out of place!)

So yeah.. I don't regret it, anyone else taken a piercing out that quickly for similar reasons?

Took my vertical labret out after 18 hours. It was an impulsive piercing and while I really did love it, it interfered with more important things in my life and I definitely should have thought it through more carefully before getting it.
    Hi, I'm Stef!

Current:
    Lobes (x3), right nostril, navel, tongue
    Retired: Helix (x2), lobe (x1), vertical labret
    Future:​ Tongue web, outer conch, vertical labret (again)

Tattoos: Tragedy/Comedy Masks on right foot, "This too shall pass" on right shoulder blade (in mommy's handwriting <3)

I've removed a couple within the space of a week because I didn't like them but not because of poor placement or major swelling.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

My horizontal labret came out after 18 months and switched it to a vertical. Main reason was serious gum erosion.
    But when I got it done for a good week afterwards it was swelling, had to constantly use bonjella and I could feel it corroding my gum so much it bled. Looking back I should have taken it out, but I loved how it looked so much I left it in!
    Even after 18 months I still bit it and it annoyed me when I ate.
    They look awesome but.... noooo for me again!
    Current:
    3x Lobes
    R conch, L Daith, Rook, helix
    R and L Nostril, Septum, tongue, teardrop dermal, vertical Labret
    Sternum skin divers x2

Retired:
    Labret
    Sternum surface bar
    L Industrial
    R Nipple

Wanting:
    R Rook, L conch, Philtrum