Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scottish Referendum

Haha!! Yeah some of my fb newsfeed have said things like vote yes for scotland , fck off england , english ppl. They cant force people to move out of course, I just meant if it felt like my partner's safety was at risk because he got abused on the street or anything then we would have to consider things. In fact he have been heckled for his accent in the past year and my stepsister's boyfriend who is also english got nasty comments while in a pub watching football.

Wowee, they wouldn't be on my Facebook for more than 1 second after saying something like that! Surely they're not friends??

Sadly people get abuse and heckled for all kinds of things in all countries (I don't think I know anyone who hasn't), you'd have to live on a private island to avoid that lol!

I honestly don't think a Yes vote would suddenly have usually passive Scottish people turning on non-Scottish people all of a sudden though :/
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Oh they got deleted! I know it just is scary to think that my boyfriend can have that happen despite him living in scotland for years.

I hope not, It seems like this referendum is stirring up a lot of emotions in people about what they consider Scotland is. It will be interesting to see which way the vote goes and how it all works out.

I know a girl who's boyfriend got attacked in Scotland for being English.
    I don't understand. Scotland's just up there. What's the divide?

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

tbh I'm with what Bob Geldof said.
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    I know a girl who's boyfriend got attacked in Scotland for being English.
    I don't understand. Scotland's just up there. What's the divide?
    I don't think it's about divide, it's about people willing to commit criminal acts. We have plenty of them here in England too. I know an Irish person, a Polish person and several Pakistani people in my town alone who have been the victim of abuse and attacks purely based on race/accent. I've even had abuse hurled at me twice for being "Northern" within England and was threatened in a pub in Manchester when it transpired I wasn't a "Manc" (I live 15 mins away), it's everywhere

It's not about where one country is located in relation to another, it's about idiots and sadly there isn't a country on this planet that doesn't have them.
    Last edited by Hazel; 09-10-2014 at 06:43 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Tbh I've faced more abuse in other countries, England included, for being Scottish than Nick has ever gotten for being English (in fact I've never ever seen anyone have a problem with him for it). Like Hazel said the problem is everywhere and isn't some Scotland/England specific issue.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Yeah, I always wonder where people get their hatred for another nationality from? as it is not needed really.

Treat everyone the same, hate them all ! No seriously I'm only kidding, what narked me is that I was born in Scotland my mother still lives in Edinburgh I now live in Suffolk but didn't get a vote ?
    Last edited by Mr Mouse; 02-28-2016 at 02:23 PM.
    Current : Left ear lobe 18g gold ring 10mm ID,
    Both nipples 10g 12mm ID BCR ,
    Reverse Prince Albert 2g 25mm curved SS Barbell with 11mm balls.
    Septum at 14g Horseshoe !

Retired : Pubic piercing 10g 12mm ID, due to starting Ball Stretching Adventure !

Tattoo's, Upper & lower arms. Upper legs & both shoulders, long forgotten how many hours !

Ball Stretching Weights, 38 x 30 521g & 40 x 15 234g making a total of 755g at present. More to be added !

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mouse View Post
    Treat everyone the same, hate them all ! No seriously I'm only kidding, what narked me is that I was born in Scotland my mother still lives in Edinburgh I now live in Suffolk but didn't get a vote ?
    Unless you have a dual residence I'm not sure why you would/should? If you're only living away part of the time (i.e. a student) you should have been able to vote. If you've moved away permanently then not getting a vote makes sense.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123